Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Ana

The teenagers are gathered around the television, drinking cartons of milk and eating animal crackers. Their contentment shocks me greatly when I see them. None of them seem depressed at a first glance. They laugh at a joke someone cracks before Harry comes up behind me. I tilt my head and my eyes meet his, causing a deep blush to set in my cheeks. He smiles and kisses my forehead before guiding me to a chair. He sits and pulls me down into his lap as all of the attention lands on us. "Hey," Harry nods and I almost burst into laughter like everyone else. "Hi I'm Jason," a boy that looks almost as tall as Harry smiles. "That's Matt," he points to a boy with short brown stubble. "Chad," a muscular guy with almost ginger hair. "Jamie," a very skinny girl with deep brown hair covering almost the top half of her body in one smooth wave. If only I had hair like that. "Marilyn," a girl about my age with deep red hair. "And that's Kaden," he's a younger boy obviously from the cancer ward. "I'm Harry and this is Annabelle," he smiles brightly and I wave a bit at everyone looking at me. I squirm slightly, absolutely hating how self conscious I feel whenever someone looks at me.

"Welcome to our group of psychos," Matt smiles and returns to reading his book. Another boy walks in and shakes our hands. "Dylan," his chocolate skin is a refreshing difference almost making me want to smile. Harry holds onto me firmly while was watch the football game playing on the TV. "Now we're the older ones. The younger ones will be out in the morning since they go to sleep sooner," Jason stands and stretches before walking to the hallway. "I'm out for the night, see you all in the morning maybe." Everyone says goodnight and he leaves. "So how long do people usually stay in here," Harry speaks up causing me to jump. He places a light kiss on the back of my neck and apologizes quickly. This supposed bad boy's kind gestures never fail to surprise me. I always blush and feel the corners of my lips raise subconsciously. I lean back and nuzzle my face in his neck, placing small kisses anywhere my lips can reach without being obvious. He hums quietly and relaxes under me. My weight must be crushing him but I'm far too content to move now. "Some people stay for months and some only stay for a few days. It all depends on your situation really. I've been here for almost three months now," Matt shrugs. "Why," I whisper. "'Drugs and self-harm'," he pulls up his short sleeves to reveal scars that look as if they came from an animal, not himself. I yawn and Harry chuckles lightly. "I think we're going to bed. Talk to you tomorrow man," they shake hands and Harry lifts me before I can protest.

Harry lies me down in bed and cuddles up next to me but I don't fall asleep. The cuts on Matt's arms captivate every corner of my mind. They couldn't have been made by a blade or even a real knife. There was nothing to my knowledge that could make those kind of marks. Hours later my eyes droop closed and my mind slips my into a dark sleep but doesn't stop working.

A large black figure found its way into my head that night. He promises to make my life a living hell now that I noticed his work. I try to argue back that I have no idea what he's talking about but a sharp pain wakes me from my nightmare. My shoulder aches and I run into the bathroom, quiet not to wake Harry. Blood covers the shirt over my shoulder and I quickly strip it off to reveal the deep bleeding incisions underneath.

I take paper towels and soak up the blood before cleaning my shoulder and flushing the paper. No one can see this, not even Harry. They'll all think I did it or that I'm crazy but I'm not. I didn't do this and I know it. Exhaustion overpowers me and I slip on another sweater before joining Harry back in the bed. My eyes refuse to close as I lay with Harry. Darkness encases my mind throughout the rest of the night. I have no idea what I did but I'm going to have to figure a way out of it myself. Harry shifts next to me and wraps his arms around me. Even he will think that I am crazy. Tomorrow is going to be hell.

**a/n I hope you enjoyed this semi-short chapter! Don't forget to vote, comment, follow, and share! Thank you lovelies. xx**