Recount

Harry's POV

Ron and Hermione has been looking at me funny all day. I might know why but I'm not having it. I've been spacing out all day – letting my mind wander. But whenever that happens, they get worried. If I'm thinking about Voldemort or know something I'm not telling them. I do but it is for me to tell.

I've been thinking about various things though, some to do with the tall, blonde Slytherin. It's not like he is ever off my mind but today he's been acting odd. He's been looking around a lot and seemed like he was smelling the air. He wasn't paying much attention in Potions and I'm sure he was looking at me. Even weirder, it looked like he had a  drawing of me but I still refuse to believe that.

Yet there was one thing I was sure happened today. Really early this morning, I was running past the Room of Requirement when I heard footsteps behind me and someone called out to me telling to wait. I turned the corner then abruptly stopped. I turned back and peeked round the bend to see who it was. And to my very surprise, there was Draco looking rather disappointed and out of breath. But he soon made his way back into the Room.

"Harry?" asked Ron reluctantly snapping me out of my thoughts, "are you gonna eat?"

"Um yeah," I said stuttering. Hermione and Ron took a quick glance at each other alerting me of what was about to go down.

"Harry, are you — okay?" questioned Mione quietly. I glanced at her. "I mean you've been, in your, uh, head a lot lately." I gave her look that says 'last warning'.

"We're just worried, Mate—" I slammed my hands right down on the table. Then turned and walked out of the Great Hall my best friends following me. "Your just acting a bit — off!" called Hermione as we stopped in the Entrance Hall.

"What do you think 'is off' me, Hermione?" I cried. This was always bound to happen.

"I'm just worried—" she murmured before I cut her off.

"About what? You Ron? I might be younger than you both but don't treat me like a motherf*cking baby!" my furious self yelled.

"You were acting weird..." Ron spoke for the first time since we'd left the hall.

"I always am, aren't I?" I croaked, my vision blurring from the hot tears pricking my eyes. "Just gimme some time." Then I ran up the stairs to my favourite place. The Come and Go room.

After running up 6 floors worth of steps, I finally reached the landing on the seventh floor. I weaved my way through various corridors until I came opposite with the Barnabas Barnby tapestry.

"I need a relaxing room," I whispered while pacing infront of the entrance. The wall opened and I slipped. But instead of sitting on one of the many couches and armchairs, I found a dark corner and began to sob.

************************

Word count: 503