•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖜𝖔•

Start from the beginning

"You can't let him get to you," I spoke, "I'm aware it's easier said than done, but he could use that to his advantage."

"As for Destin," I paused before speaking, "do you like him?"

He was silent for a while then responded, "I—Uh, yeah, yeah I do."

"and I'm pretty sure he likes you too, so forget what marquees says, you're young Jave, have some fun." I smiled.

"But what about his dad, ion wanna get him in trouble."
He said sincerely.

I chuckled to myself, then spoke, "don't worry about him."

He nodded, and the corners of his mouth twitched but he still kept his flat expression.

"It's okay to smile," I laughed causing him to do the same with a shake of his head.

As I stood up his voice cause me to stop in my tracks.

"Uh—what about coach, you know when he'll be home?" He asked.

I wanted to say in a week, but with Clares situation things could always change, the best I could do is not give a time period.

"I wish I did Jave." I said sadly.

He nodded, looking down sadly before shaking his head and plastering on a smile.

"It's cool, thank you for the advice, gonna sleep early practice kinda wore me out." He spoke

"I can imagine," I smiled and sat up, "Sleep well Jave."
As I approached the door he spoke up again.

"Love you Mr.Jay."

I looked down an smiled, a warm fuzzy feeling washing over me.

"Love you too."

With that I turned off the light switch and walked out.

The moment the bell rung I grabbed my things and basically ran out of class, We had a five minute interval between classes and Destin usually was in his next one early

"scuse me," "my bad," I repeated constantly as I bumped and shifted through everyone In the hallway.

The moment I turned the corner I spotted his small figure.

"D!" I called out, speed waking towards him.

He turned around with wide eyes as he looked at me.