》24

Hana stared into the reflection of the mirror, her arms cut up slightly from the grazing of the bottle shards and unknown to her, this was when her life became a downward spiral

Though she never really took words majorly to heart, it struck more as it came from her brother.
The girl tilted her head at the reflection, peeling off her shirt- her eyes falling to her stomach.

Maybe I am fat

Her eyes then trailed to her face and everything she looked over before, were all now her biggest insecurities.

The sudden waves of depressive thoughts came the following weeks, Seojun voicing his frustration through endless curses and toxic words- stringing out the hatred he felt.

He blamed her for their parents not being around, not being able to get along with his life as he has to "take care of a child."

Child.
Of course.

She sucked in a breath of air, turning to the side until she was partly satisfied with what she saw, she then sighed out and a frown fell on her lips.

You really are ugly

"Hey ugly," Donghyuck greeted as usual but this time it struck a chord inside her warped insecurities that have become most apparent recently, obsessive thoughts at her head.

Hana concealed the frown threatening to spill out and she sighed, plastering a smile.
"Hey Hyuck."

She dragged herself over to his bed, almost a second home when she snuggled under the covers, feeling the warmth- something she hadn't felt in a while.

Honestly, she wanted her Mother.

She wanted Parental love but there was no one to give it to her.

She wanted to be pretty, smart and funny but now she had lost herself all over a few words.

Toxic words, meaningless words but those words caused a detriment to the impressionable and insecure girl.

"Do you think I'm ugly?" She asked, watching Donghyuck's back as he played.
There was a silence on the other side, trying to distinguish between the sincerity in her voice or the fleeting joking side.

Donghyuck furrowed his brows and spun around in his chair, the girl instantly regretted saying it as soon as she didn't but she couldn't take it back now.

"What? Where did that come from?"
Hana laughed, concealing the broken shards of glass as she pulled up her façade.

"Haha 'm joking Hyuck," she laughed, sliding under the covers to hide the tears in her eyes.

Why did she feel this way?