"Where's Verando? I'm surprised he isn't here." Tonya asks as she comes to sit at the table in the briefing room. 

"Beating up Marcello or being beaten by Marcello. I'm not sure which." I'm met with a mixture of looks in regard to my terminology. Sometimes it's hard to remember, as I sit at another table surrounded by people, that I'm not performing for a court or trying to entertain potential political allies. 

I'm among people who I suppose are my extended family, trying to save the planet by much more humble means. "They have taken to training together- er.. exercising, as I'm sure you remember, Verando isn't exactly supportive of our cause." 

Helen looks offended and I don't know if I care enough to ask why. I don't think I've ever seen her look much more than afraid or uncertain. It must take a lot of her to muster up something like anger. Unfortunately, time travel hadn't softened me much more on the woman, while she had her merits, she was my least favorite of the group. 

Well. Maybe not least.

 Tonya had her own abnormalities with her strange view of lycans. Tyler sits beside me as if it might somehow benefit his skills to be as close to me as possible. 

"Lycan's need a lot of exercise to stay content. Reid and Tonic could use the training, as well, if we are going to have a discussion about it. But that's not why I called you here. This building, what is it?" I point to a tall structure on the floating map. 

Helen narrows her eyes as she thinks it over.

"Looks like a hotel. Maybe a corporate office?" 

"Soli would know?" Tonya attempts, though my expression tells her that that avenue might not be an option. 

"I'm trying to avoid doing more dealings with Soli, at the moment at least." I try and keep my tone dismissive, not wanting to draw undue attention. The look I get from Rhea makes me feel hostile and I choose to ignore it, I don't have time for someone to analyze my pettiness. 

"Arguing that things are more valuable than my life is quite troublesome, wouldn't you agree?" I ask her shortly.

Rhea chews this over, pursing her lips. "Nicolas, you haven't known him as long as we have. It's bullshit that he did nothing to protect that compound. He's more than capable-"

"Was I not told this wasn't a war?" I respond back with a firmness that my training allows, it'd be easy to be upset, to allow them to see how frustrated I am with this cause, but logic and experience dictate that few get their way by stomping their feet and throwing a tantrum. 

"All you people have done is lie and deceive us or perhaps, truly, you are so blind as to believe this is a natural occurrence. There is something going on here, not to mention that there are giant felines trying to eat us. Or do I need to show you my injuries? Now, I've grown to like you, so please, don't make me regret that decision." 

She stares at me, unsure of what to make of me. I'm not from here, I'm a King and I didn't ask to be downgraded to the lowest denominator in this insane asylum. 

I turn back to the building. "If we must talk to Marisol, then that is what we must do. The height isn't necessary for what I'm planning, but if we could gain access to the roof, it would make accomplishing such an act much easier. 

As a solomonari, we are able to control the weather within reason. If I could obtain enough moisture, perhaps I could move the smog and conjure a cloud. Some rain would do the city some good, it would be a test to see how much we can influence and if it would assist in curing the land's ailment. If nothing else, it would be safer to travel amongst the civilians if we remain here much longer."