Mazzy shook her head slowly. "Well now I couldn't do that, what do I know about teenagers? Other then bein' one."

"I'm not sayin' you should be one darlin'. Just tellin' you what your grandmother did." Ms.Galesburg sighed contently.

Mazzy chewed on her lower lip, her green eyes sparkling with a wonder that set Ms. Galesburg into a seat of unease. "How hard would it be for me to go about bein' a house mother?"

"I couldn't tell you, darlin'. I imagine there's a series of hoops the school would require you to jump through."

Mazzy nodded.

Perhaps she had lost her mind.

She never truly had it.

Maybe it was the color of her hair that brought the impulsiveness-her father always said it was the red in their family that drove them to the craziest things. Not that she ever believed such a silly superstition-that hair could play into her personality. If anything it was the south in her that drove her to do ridiculous things such as become a house mother.

Then again, this could be her chance.

If a Home for girls is what her grandmother's house used to be, then why shouldn't it be one, now?

In all her tours, Mazzy really only had the smallest of opportunities to show the morals behind fairy tales and it was usually to adults.

Teens took work; this she knew from the hours of eyes rolls received when she did receive an odd teenager or two on her tour.

But this, following in her grandmother's footsteps, it could give her more than a few hours or days to make a difference.

She couldn't explain it, but it felt right-and Mazzy was a firm believer that if something felt right, then that was probably God's green light.

She hoped.

***********************************************************************************************

One Month Before

"Now, Mazzy, are you sure about all this?" Miriam Hansford asked, her voice carrying their conversation as they worked, Miriam's fingers carefully working out the dough of the bread. "Taking care of teenagers, it's quite a task. Especially since they aren't your own."

No, no Mazzy officially wasn't sure.

Mazzy was sure she lost her ever-loving mind.

Mazzy was sure that even though the perks of having the house renovated by the school because of its use was nice, but Mazzy was no longer sure about being a house mother.

She wasn't even a good fish mother.

And though everything was moving at a steady enough pace for her to handle each thing falling into place at just the right time, she found herself incredibly overwhelmed.

Despite her thoughts of hesitation, however, Mazzy shook them off and forced on a smile to answer her mothers question. "I'm absolutely certain that this is what I want to do, mama. After all, the house is renovated nice and pretty just the way I like it, it'd be a shame to let the school take it from me now."

Ah, the school. Harbor View Academy, home to the East Coast Aristocrats. And families in between who just wanted to give their kids a quality education, and some drama in their lives. Up until the moment she registered there to become a house mother, Mazzy wasn't sure of the workings there, but now that she was; it had become apparent to her just extravagant the school was. Sitting on the pier overlooking the water that edged the small Maryland town, the school held the same historical feel that her grandmother's house and several others had. The difference between the houses and the school being, the school put in multi-million dollar marble floors, and Mazzy just resealed the pine flooring. Oh...how interesting the students were going to be.