Chapter 1-Fleeting or Eternal?

Flipping through another page in the book, I scribbled down notes on the Akatsuki members. My calligraphy was pretty bad, but at least I could understand it, right? 

No, I was not being a spy and delivering this intel to my home village. My own parents had disowned me, so what was the point? Having terrible memory, I had to keep notes on my so-called new family. Otherwise, I had a greater chance of annoying each and a greater chance of dying early.

Of course, I didn't want that.

I made another stroke and hung the paper on the wall, only for a loud explosion to frighten me and make me drop the delicate paper. It fell to the ground and the ink smudged. I frowned, and did my best to brush off the excess ink and try again. This time, before I could even touch the wall, it shook and down came another paper.

"Gaaaaaahhh," I groaned. Pulling out a kunai knife, I threw the papers in the air and threw at them, pinning both successfully to the wall. 

"That's better," I said, grinning. Then came yet another explosion and every other paper came tumbling down.

By then, I was fuming and swore under my breath, irritated. 

I stormed over to the two artists' room. "Shut up. Please," I growled. 

"Hm, don't like my explosives, "imouto-chan?"" I puffed out my cheeks, staring up at the tall blonde. We held eye contact for a long while until I had to blink. Deidara-senpai laughed. I flipped him off, face reddening.

"Please, tone down your explosives, or at least mess with them outside," I hissed. 

"You're younger than me," He pointed out bluntly. 

"Yeah, so?" I retorted. 

"You shouldn't be telling me what to do, hm." 

I balled up my hands into fists. "Danna, can you tell him to stop judging my age?" 

"For once, I agree with the bumbling idiot. You should respect your elders."

"Danna!" I whined, exasperated. "Really?" 

"Ha! Wait, did you just call me a-" 

"At least get him to wipe the smug smirk off his face," I pleaded. 

"He always has the stupid look on his face. Couldn't help him if I tried." 

"Wow, so you turned 'agreeing with me' into 'insulting me'? Wow, Sasori-danna, harsh, yeah." Danna paid no mind to Deidara's annoyed comments and turned to me. 

"You want me to get him to shut up, right?"

"Yeaaah..." I said, dragging out the word suspiciously.

"Then answer this one question."

"Eeehhh..." I was feeling a bit uncomfortable, but shrugged and waited for the question nevertheless. Deidara stopped complaining and looked over Danna's shoulder, probably knowing what question he was going to ask, and obviously interested in how I'd answer.

"What is art?"

Oh, I see. Danna was using me to end, or postpone, their 'artistic feud.'  I never suspected Danna to be this kind of person.

What a conniving lil jerk he was.

"Hm..." I pretended to be deep in thought.

"Well..."

Both artists looked at me in curosity. Although Sasori-danna didn't seem as curious as Deidara-senpai, at least he was paying attention. For a change.

"Ah...um..."

"Just spit it out, un," Deidara-senpai groaned, rolling his eyes. 

Nobody gives me that kind of attitude.

"I think art is eternal," I said in a dull monotone. 

"Ack-" He coughed, as if he was caught off guard. "What?!" 

"That's right, you heard me. Art. Is. Eternal."

"At least she has some sanity left in her," Danna remarked, somewhat smugly. Deidara-senpai made a face, frowning at the two of us. 

"Neither of you understand the meaning of true art!" He complained, pulling out a lump of detonating clay, beginning to shape it.

"Deidara, no-" Both Sasori-danna and I said at the same time. 

"Art is fleeting, un!" 

There was a loud explosion, and small chunks of clay flew everywhere. Smoke rose from the remains. The room was covered in soot and ash, including Danna and I. 

"Deidara," I growled, dropping the honorific. Danna sent out his chakra strings, preparing to give Deidara-senpai a good beating, but I beat him to it.

Haha. Get it? "Beat" him to it?

...

Never mind.

Tackling Senpai to the ground, I wrung his neck with my (rather small) hands. "You idiot!" I screeched. 

"You're cleaning this up, brat," Danna called from behind us, dusting off his clothes.

"Hey, hey, what the fuck is with all the bitching around in here?"

"Get out!" I screamed at the silverette. "I'm busy killing a bitch!"

"You swore! Never thought I'd hear a single motherfucking swear come out of your mouth-"

"Get out!"

"Okay, okay, sheesh, pissy much?"

He held up his hands in defense and walked out.

"Now-" I began, before realizing what had happened. Senpai had escaped.

"God damn it!" I screamed, standing up.

Well, at least he would stay quiet for now.

...BAM!

I knew it was too good to be true.