//Day 3\\

"I don't care what Remus says, I am not having you sit in your own filth for several days. Get up, you are taking a shower." Drake's voice cut through Logan's early morning thoughts, but it was a welcome distraction. Remus had not been there when he first woke up, apparently driving out to the forest to hunt for food. Logan had been instead left with his thoughts and he had discovered his own head was not always a pleasant place to be.

Drake quickly undid the ropes around Logan's ankles and Logan felt the need to take advantage of this freedom and stretch his sore muscles. It was going to take him weeks to get his body back into a comfortable alignment after the stagnant state they had been putting him in, but they could have been doing much worse and thus, Logan wouldn't complain. His goal was to stay alive.

Once he stood up, Drake turned to walk out of the room, and though he hadn't been told to, Logan assumed he needed to follow. "I've already put some fresh clothes in the bathroom, you are about Remus' size so hopefully they will fit without too much problem, though, I'm sure that Remus would be happy to see you walking around without any clothes on at all."

Logan rolled his eyes. "I will take the clothes you have laid out for me, thank you." It was a force of habit and he realized he probably shouldn't be adding a thank you to the end of his statement considering the predicament he was in. If Drake had noticed, he didn't say anything and just opened up the bathroom door, waiting for Logan to step in before undoing the binds around his wrist.

"Take your time, it's not like I have anything better to do today."

Logan wanted to ask if that was sarcasm, he knew the words were strung together in such a way that it could be considered sarcasm, but Logan just wasn't sure by the tone of Drake's voice. He sighed, deciding it would be best to still take a decently quick shower, as his mind had processed before, they could be a lot more cruel to him then they had been and Logan didn't want to give them a reason to be before his last day here.

His fingers traced the collar as he felt around for a way to get it off, mostly just out of curiosity, but he could tell that it was locked in place using a keyhole that was securely on the back of his neck. Logan didn't know how to pick locks, and even if he did, attempting to do anything that required fine motor skills on the back area of his neck was bound to end poorly.

He got out of the shower and quickly dried off, trying not to allow his mind to wander too far. King Roman had always had an issue with his brother Remus and the man called Deceit, but Logan was trying to recall why. It couldn't simply have been because Remus chose to date the son of the Dragon Witch, could it? Logan was curious but it also wasn't his place to try to find these things out. His job was to survive.

Remus' green clothing was not his preferred aesthetic, but the clothes were functional and comfortable. It was enough for now. Logan constantly reminded himself, survival was key, but he was being treated better than he expected as a prisoner. After reveling in the warmth of the room for just a few more seconds, Logan opened the door. Drake looking at him curiously.

"Your hair is still wet."

"I typically dry it using magic, but that is not an option."

Drake sighed, pushing Logan back into the bathroom, "Sit on the toilet facing the wall. I will dry your hair."

"That is really not necessary."

"I will not have you looking like a drowned rat while you are here, we already have one rat man in the house." Logan didn't argue further. Once he sat down, Drake began to use fire magic to dry Logan's hair. He honestly hated the sound of the hairdryer and preferred it this way.

"I overheard your conversation with Remus yesterday. You were rather vague in your description of why you left Roman, though I can respect that."

Logan was fighting back a sigh, one mixed with the contentment of having his hair touched as well as the frustration of having to think about Roman. "It was not necessarily my intention to hide what happened, I simply do not enjoy talking about it."

"You are allowed to have secrets, though I'm sure you did the right thing. I think the whole notion of society and the laws you have to follow for said society is a flawed construct."

"Really? I don't believe humans could function without a properly structured society. There are many historical documents that show what happens when a society is not structured properly but I don't believe I have read anything about society not existing at all."

Drake smiled a sly smirk of a smile that Logan did not see, intentionally slowing down on his task so that he and Logan would have more time to talk about this fascinating topic. He began to explain his opinions and Logan always had a rebuttal, but he was also always considerate of Drake's opinion. They didn't really come to an agreement, but it had never been an argument in the first place, just a sharing of ideas.

"Unfortunately, I am done with your hair so I must attend to some other tasks, but it was a pleasure having this conversation with you." Drake reached out his hand, helping Logan up. "Whatever Roman did, he lost a very intelligent advisor."

Logan went to adjust his tie which was no longer there. "I appreciate the compliment." He felt so vulnerable without his tie. "May I ask a question, why does the King not like you?"

"Multiple reasons, the most obvious being I am the son of the Dragon witch, and as I'm sure you know, the king is not a fan of magic."

Logan tensed, so Drake already knew exactly why Logan wasn't working for Roman anymore.

"But there is also the problem of me being a selfish prick who is willing to lie if it suits my needs. Roman's lapdogs don't like that." Drake smirked and Logan just gave him a gentle nod. Patton valued honesty above most anything and Virgil did not like secrets.

Logan stood, waiting for Drake to tie him up again, but instead, he walked out of the bathroom, calling back to Logan that there was a bookshelf in the living room with many philosophy books he might enjoy. Logan wanted to question this strange behavior, but he didn't. He walked to the living room, found an appropriate book and began to read as he paced for some light exercise.