Chapter 6: "Nate"

Casey's POV

A loud knock came from the door, it sounded urgent and fast. I rushed to the door before Elsa could answer it, mostly because I was hoping it was Izzie.

She hadn't answered my calls or texts, which was unusual for her. Maybe she slept in?

I opened the door and relief washed over me when I saw her beautiful face. Ive never been so happy to see someone in my life.

Worry painted over her delicate features, as she stared up at me.

"Are you okay? What happened?" She said holding my hands softly in hers. I turned around, only to see Elsa spying from the kitchen.

"Don't mind me." She said smiling, and acting busy. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Izzie, who found this slightly funny.

"C'mon." I mumbled as I pulled her into the living room and up the stairs, leading to my room.

Once we reached my room, we sat on the bed and I proceeded to explain the events of last night, how the car had been brandished with awful homophobic slurs.

I also told her that it had to be someone we knew, her face turned from shock to confusion as she gathered her thoughts.

"Who would do this?" She said with a mixture of disgust and anger.

"Well I have a pretty good idea who'd have an agenda against me. Rhymes with gate." I said biting back the anger, that was quickly building up in me.

"Nate?" Izzie frowned perversely, as if in disagreement. "I don't think Nate would do that." She said still frowning, and staring into her hands.

"What do you mean? The guys a dick Iz, are you seriously defending him?" I spat angrily, unable to control myself.

"I'm not defending him." She sounded offended, returning her eyes back to mine.

"Sure sounds like it." I said, obviously annoyed. "Do you still like him?"

She stared at me with a blank expression, as if I said something dumb, which I probably did.

"Are you kidding me?" She kicked my leg, and it kinda hurt not gonna lie. "I'm not defending him, and I don't like him like that. " She reached for my hand and held it tightly.
"I promise you."

I sighed and tried to shrug of any stupid thoughts that crept into my head. I believed Izzie.

"Lets go find out ourselves, I'll prove you wrong." She said confidently.

"Like he's gonna incriminate himself." I said sarcastically, flopping  onto my back, in self pity.

"Worth a try." She replied flopping down next to me.

We lay in silence for a moment. I was still pretty sure this was Nate, but I'm not going to let him come between us whether it was him or not.

She took my hand again, and kissed it promptly. Nestling her face into my neck, her hot breath tickled my neck causing me to giggle.