Arc 3 : I am his Mother! (一)

The sky was rumbling, impenetrable looking clouds were strangely concentrated above the cultivation peak of Lian Sect. The Elders came rushing towards the peak, pondering whether there was yet another disciple going through a heavenly tribulation. The sound of the thunder relieving heaven's wrath entered their hearing.

The Sect Master Lang Ji and the Elder of the Alchemy Mountain, Xiao Zi Ting arrived at the peak. The Elders cupped their fists, greeting them.

"What's happening here? Why would there be a heaven tribulation on a lower cultivation peak?" The Sect Master questioned them. Folded frowns were appearing on their forehead. No one seemed to understand the reason.

"Three of my disciples are in closed cultivation on this peak."

"Five of mine as well."

"My daughter is cultivating on this peak too."

Xiao Zi Ting sighed. "My cute disciple is cultivating on the peak too."

"Your what disciple?" Sect Master tilted his head to look at her.

"My cute disciple, dear. I was going to introduce him to you once he entered Core Formation. He was only at the late stage of Foundation Establishment when he went for his first closed cultivation."

A clear sight of the bolts forming had them rushing in an emergency.

"Everyone, please get into formation. We need to fortify our sect and protect our disciples on this peak."

"Yes!"

And the frightening lightning bolts started raining down towards them. Each was as a level more frightful than the previous.

Sitting within his cave, Lin Jia Qian's head was drooped to the side. He fell in deep sleep after entering the Core Formation stage and restabilize his qi and cultivation. He was thoroughly exhausted. He was lightly snoring when a lightning bolt suddenly strikes down on the peak, crashing through a few caves left and right.

And one of the bolts went straight through his cave. Lin Jia Qian heard some rumbling thunders and it stirred him up only for a frown. He extended his arms, searching around the perimeter. Forgetting that the universal pouch was on him. Frustrated, he randomly grabbed the blanket he had, curling himself with it to make do a sleeping bag.

Nine lightning bolts rained onto the peak. Six were countered by the Elders, injuring three in the process. The other three bolts got past their fortification.

The Elders protecting on the outside, each was as shocked and worried as the other. Most of the caves were struck down. The repairing cost, thinking of it would cause them a heart attack if they were not formidable enough in their cultivation.

Sect Master Lang Ji and the Elders heaved a sigh, thinking all had finally passed.

"Let bygones be bygones. Heal the injured and clear out the disciples from the destroyed caves. Compensate them with a better cave on the middle peak..."

The clouds had yet to disperse. The sound of rumbling started again. The lightning bolts reappeared yet more aggressively. This time with more agility and precision.

They were unable to move as they watched with their jaw dropped. Another nine bolts fell onto the peak, aiming only at one spot. Explosions could be heard. The other inhabitants within the peak had evacuated. The only one remained was Lin Jia Qian who was being hit by the bolts here and there as he continued to sleep in the blanket roll.

The last lightning bolt hit right on his bum. He yelped as he was rolled out of his cave. The smell of charred corpse immediately filled their nostrils.