Flynn cracks a smile when the tension filled air has vanished as the heavy subject is forgotten about. "The one time I have a girlfriend who I care deeply about, she is the most event-filled person I've met. I think I'll have to wrap you in bubble wrap and keep you stuck to my side just so I can have you in one piece by the end of the year."

"You picked the most difficult one in the bunch." Sometimes it confuses me for why Flynn stuck around and continued to like me after the downpour of Sebastian's death, as well as my incredibly messy social status.

He grins at my comment and steps forward to wrap both his arms around me, his warm hands pressing to my back. I feel Flynn's chin rest on top of my head, and the steady beat of his heart against my chest.

       My arms circle around him, and I realise just how much I love his embraces. "How could I not?" His hands rub up and down my exposed back, forcing a shiver out of me. "You're not difficult, Vi. Even if you were, I'd still chose you. I'll always chose you."

       I shut my eyes, letting Flynn Davis shield me away from all the thoughts, worries, anxiety, and the world. I don't question how bizarre it is for Flynn to be the only person capable of this- since it's only managed because when he's close all I do is think about him.

             I don't feel the burning pains in my chest from crushing fears, instead I focus on the tough tightening in my abdomen because he manages to make me feel so nervous and happy at the same time.

     "I'll be downstairs waiting, then I'll walk with you." The brunette says and leans back as his arms slowly untangle from me.

    Most people complain about being cold when they're out of their partner's embrace- but I feel the opposite. My body overheats when I know he's about to leave and I would have to listen to the voices in my head.

         I curse myself for feeling so reliant on him, but I have yet to reach the goal of being fully capable of handling the control my these thoughts. Until the four men who killed Sebastian are out there, I can't make the haunting reactions disappear.

        "Wait-" I take a hold of his wrist to stop him from turning around. "Please stay." My decision is one of my few bolder ones I have made, but I am confident about it.

    Flynn's lips part and his adam's apple bops. I watch while he tries to maintain a calm and collected face, but he makes his nerves awfully visible when he swallows anxiously, and his fingers fidget.

        "Okay." He says softly, not going against his inner nerves. I can't help but let the corners of my lips pull up into a small smile and adjust to my own anxious feelings about what I wanted. "Do you just want me to- uh, sit on the toilet seat or something?"

       I let go of his hand and curl my fingers around the hem of his shirt, doing nothing but hold it in my grasp. His eyes take a glance at hands, then back to me. "I was thinking more along the lines of staying with me."

       Flynn's eyelids batter a few times, thinking what I am implying are words that hasn't stumbled out of my mouth. Neither of us had expected such foreign words and needs to come from me. "Yeah, yeah. O-okay."

     Despite him being a stuttering ball of nerves, his hands replace mine that once had hold of his shirt, and rips it over his head in record speed. I laugh at the smiling boy in front of me, and just like that, any sort of nerve vanishes while I reach for the clasp of my emerald bra.