this might be the star of something new

Start from the beginning

Madam Pomfrey tried to push her back to bed, "no, dearie, you've got to stay here—you were unconscious for days!"

"I've been in this bed for days—I've got to walk."

The woman found truth in her words, but her instincts told her to keep her in bed. Although, she did look fine and after thinking about it, she allowed her to come with. Madam Pomfrey helped the girl put on some clothes Hermione left behind for whenever Wendy would wake up.

The two walked through the dark corridors of the castle and knocked on the headmaster's door. Once inside they were greeted by both Professor Snape and Professor Dumbledore.

"Wendy!" Dumbledore greeted her, "I'm happy to see you're back on your feet."

"Professor," she greeted him with a smile.

"Professor Dumbledore," Madam Pomfrey started, "I wanted to inform you of Wendy, but she insisted in coming along."

"That's alright, Madam Pomfrey, thank you for your assistance," he thanked her.

The woman smiled at him and gave him a nod, she looked at Wendy one last time before leaving. Hoping the girl would never come back to see her unconscious or injured again; she was under too many accidents way too often for it to be normal.

"How are you feeling, Wendy?" Dumbledore asked once the door was closed.

Wendy walked towards the two professors, "I'm doing well, sir, but I can say I've been better."

Dumbledore tried to study the girl. She looked fine, for someone who was just under the effect of an old magical artifact that was lost for centuries and used to hold a Horcrux after the murder of an innocent soul. The girl was upright in front of them, giving them a small but warm smile.

"Then you won't mind if I talk to you about what happened?"

Wendy gave him a nod, and Dumbledore took it as sign to continue the conversation. He glanced over at Snape who, until now, has been incredibly quiet.

"I'm sure you're aware what the diadem was?" He asked and the girl gave him another nod, "and that it's highly dangerous?" She nodded again, "then why did you search for it?"

Wendy took a deep breath in before talking, "to prevent the worse, we have to work on the things we can work on now. It is useless to let things be if they'll only be complications in the future."

"But what were your intentions?" Snape finally spoke.

"To destroy it," she replied quickly and surely, it almost made the two grown man shiver.

A girl so quirky and positive to be so firm on such destructive intention was quite unusual.

"On your own?" Snape asked.

"I could have made it," she defended herself, "if Fred and George didn't came to disturb I would ha—"

"Died," Snape interrupted her.

"No," she corrected him, "I would have—"

"I'm sorry, Wendy," Dumbledore interrupted her too, "but what you did was incredibly reckless of you."

Wendy stood quiet. Unlike Snape, Dumbledore was hard to talk back to.

"I'm sorry, professor," she said sincerely, "but I assure you, it is for the best."

Dumbledore stood up from his chair and Snape gave him a fast glance. The headmaster brought out Wendy's bag, that supposedly contained the tooth of the basilisk and the diadem.