chapter X: you make me feel different

(X: 10)

this school year so far has been somewhat dramatic. winter break is starting soon. my friends just left my house we had practice here for once. it's been a month since me and Nick talked at the dinner. in class we ignore each other. i hang around Benjamin manly. i rub my eyes and sigh looking in the mirror in my bedroom. my eyeliner now smudged up i grabbed my towel and headed to my shower. i got undressed and stepped into the shower, letting the hot water go down my face. i sighed while i kept rubbing my eyes now trying to get rid of the makeup. as i finish up washing my body now i hear something come from my room. my heart dropped. my mom wasn't home yet from work. so i knew it wasn't her. it sounded loud. i felt my heart start to pound faster. i slowly stepped out and wrapped myself in my towel. i scrunched my hair up and slowly opened the door and felt better seeing no one in my room. i was stupid for that. i hear something move and i jump then seeing Nick behind my door. i throw the bottle of water on my dresser at him, "damn it y/n! what the heck?!" he snapped at me. "what do you mean you snuck into my room!" i hold tightly onto my towel. "i'm sorry i just needed to see you." "so you sneak in! that's a horrible plan i mean you have my number." he looked a little taken back? "that's true yes? but i didnt want to leave things so awkward." he sat on my bed. i sighed, "Nick it's been awkward for a month now. i don't think that's going to change? you're cute but everyone says i'm a slut because we got together." i smile at him, i know he likes me and it sucks because i mean i like him too it's not like i'm tryna push him away. "i know but we didn't even get together like that. y/n im sorry" he held my hands and got his knees. "it's weird Nick? i feel so weird being around you?" he sighed heavily this time and let go of his hands. "hi im Nick, it's nice to meet you. what's your name?" he had a massive smile across his face, "my lord? i'm y/n. it's nice to meet you nick" i held onto his hand and then noticed im still in a towel. "uh? since we're only just meeting right now Nick do you mind waiting like in the bathroom while i change Nick?" i slightly blush and he nodded his head yes walking into the restroom.

Nicks POV:

i walked into the restroom and smiled while leaning against the door. i know i'm being cheesy but i think it'll work. a few minutes go by and she opened the bathroom door. i look down at her and see her hair wet, in a oversized van halen shirt, her face was clean. she normally wore thick eyeliner which looked good but it was nice seeing her face like this. she looked adorable. i go in for a hug and she holds onto me tightly. "i kinda missed you." she said into my shirt. i smiled and squeeze onto her. "y/n? i just want to say i'm insanely sorry. i feel horrible." she looked up at me smiling, "it'll be okay Nick. it just really sucked balls" she giggled. "sucked balls?" i chuckled before hugging her again and she held onto me tightly.

i looked down at y/n and she just kept smiling at me. "can i just?" i whispered before leaning in to kiss her. i was nervous she'd pull away but then i felt her lips touch mine. she slowly pulled away from me, "you should probably get going?" she kissed my cheek and walked me out. i felt butterflies in my stomach.

y/n pov:
i keep thinking about Nick all morning and get to class and sit down looking up and smiling at him. he smiled at me, "hey" "hi." we both seemed nervous. i felt my heart beating fast. the whole time we'd randomly look up at each other and smile. Ken seemed the smallest bit annoyed but didn't realize how much we were doing it.

he's so adorable?! i walked down the hall later to go to my car for lunch and bumped into some tall skinny kid with glasses and his friends looked at me scared. "i'm so sorry?!" i say quickly picking up his books. "uh? thanks?" he said still looking scared? i frowned and waved bye and then heard them whisper something? oh well?

i keep walking and see Nick in the hall on the way to the patio, "Nick!" i wave at him and he sees me and smiles before walking over to me.

"hey y/n?" i smiled up at him, "hey Nick

"hey y/n?" i smiled up at him, "hey Nick. i was
wondering if you're not doing anything tonight maybe you could come hang out with me and my friends?" i really hoped he'd say yes, "uh yeah sure. but you don't mind if i bring Daniel right?" i looked up at him for a second.

" y/n, lets goooooo!!" Lilac laughs walking over with Elijah, "oh Nick these are my friends Lilac and this is Elijah." i smile nervously. "oh no yeah i see y'all around skateboarding? very? surfer of you?" he said looking at me nervous too. "yeah dude? well? y/n you ready for- *raises eyebrows* lunch?" Elijah makes it so obvious?! i mentally face palm. "wait what?" Nick laughs. "oh we go smoke in y/n car" lilac leans on me giggling while she whispered, "you are so dumb!" i laugh pushing her off me. "wait y'all smoke?" Nick laughed, "Nah dude we just like to light the joint and sit there?" Elijah smiled at him, "you wanna come?" I laugh at him, "i don't know y/n? my friends are kinda waiting? but i'll see you tonight?" Nick smiled before kissing my forehead, Lilac smiled big, as soon as she saw he was out the cafeteria door, "y/n!! look at you!" she laughed, "my god guys lets go!" i giggled while Elijah put his arm around me and Lilac put her around me, "you taping that?" Elijah smiled, "shut up!" i laugh