Episode 11: The Struggle Continues

(Early the next morning Azaan and Zath pack up everything they had and the gifts given from the village and set out back to the town that had tormented Azaan for all those years.)

Zath: Azaan. It will be fine. You're not afraid anymore right?

Azaan: Yeah.

(They walk back northeast to the town knowing what may or may not await both of them. A few days later from their walk, Azaan and Zath arrived back to the town where everything began.)

Zath: Azaan, you know what to do.

(Azaan proceeds to put his cloak on cover his face and not making a sound. The two of them proceed back to the adventurers building and open the door. The building is pretty empty save for 4 receptionists at the counter waiting for others to return for the day.)

Zath: We're back and completed the quest we picked.

Receptionist: Very well. We will be right back with your payment.

Zath: This is good.

(The receptionist returns with only 4 purple Zanuthan coins (equivalent to 1 USD) with Zath and Azaan confused at such a low amount.)

Zath: What happened to the rest of the money?

Receptionist: Well. The rest of the money was for him. (Pointing at Azaan) You had to compensate us for deceiving us into signing him up and you taking him away from the town.

Zath: I don't know what you're...

(Door opens revealing Kellzannon, the man who has been Azaan's tormentor for his entire life.)

Kellzannon: Cut the crap! You! (pointing at Azaan) Reveal Yourself NOW!!!

(Zath looks at Azaan and nods to him. Azaan proceeds to reveal himself in front of the receptionists and Kellzannon.)

Kellzannon: Just as I thought. You took him from the town. This piece of trash needs to know his place! HE IS NOTHING! HE DOESN'T DESERVE ANY OF THIS!

Receptionist: Kellzannon, you are correct. Unfortunately, we have already signed a contract with the two of them meaning that...

Kellzannon: You can't be serious!

Receptionist: I'm sorry our contracts are absolute one we sign them. We can't terminate it until it expires in 2 years.

(Kellzannon gets extremely angry. He now knows that a lower life form compared to himself will have to be treated as an equal for at least 2 years. It aggravates him intensely. Knowing that an untouchable weakling will be an adventurer for the Zanuthan kingdom. Zath seeing his anger decides to make him even angrier.)

Zath: We also became friends with the Zanuthan Squirrels in their village.

Kellzannon: WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY!!

Zath: You heard me.

Kellzannon: Please let me kill them. Not only bringing this place shame by making him an adventurer, but to also be friends with those FREAKS! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

Receptionist: As much as I agree with your sentiment. We have to accept the reality of the situation.

(Kellzannon walks up right past Azaan and Zath angrily to the receptionist.)

Kellzannon: I would like my payment for my quest I completed.

Receptionist: Yes. (Grabs a box containing 1,000,000 purple Zanuthan coins) Here you have a great day.

Kellzannon: Thank you. This isn't over you two. (Looking directly at Azaan and Zath.) I will personally make your two years as adventurers a living hell. I swear it now!