Chapter 6 : A little time

There is a storm in Alex's head, winds of questions floating around with no answers, making his skin itchy with frustration.

Alex kind of hates it. For the first time since he's gotten here, he misses London.

He never had to tiptoe around someone's space. He could work on instinct at all times, never planning ahead.

He wishes he could crawl under a blanket with a cup of tea and sleep until he's calm. He can't, though. Not in L.A.
He has to get out of his house - well, their house - and walk and sweat, and he misses London.

Alex ends up in the park, somehow. So he looks for the pond he and Dexter always read their books by, and when he finds it, he just sags against the tree.

Alex shuts his eyes for a few minutes, trying to understand how he went from saving Ivy to screaming at her, to leaving the house.
He knows, though. He just doesn't like the feeling that comes with admitting the truth.

He gets lost in the singing of birds and the sound of leaves dancing in the wind, and he thinks maybe he can find comfort in L.A., only without the blanket, or the tea.

His peace is disrupted by a voice he wasn't particularly interested in hearing at the moment.

"Dex told me I'd find you here."

When he cracks an eye open, he closes it again with a groan, "Dex needs to shut his mouth."

"Hey, don't talk about my man like that," Mason threatens, expression serious for five seconds before bursting into laughter.

Mason's laugh is contagious, Alex joins him with a weaker one.

Once he has caught his breath, Mason nudges Alex's shin with his foot so he can sit next to him.
Alex scoots a bit, and when Mason is settled, he waits for the lecture.

Except it never comes.

Mason is looking at the sky and humming low, and Alex is a bit confused.

"So..." Alex drags out.

"Hm ?"

"Mace, come on, out with it."

"Out with what ?"

"Whatever it is you came here to talk about ?"

"I came here because you're angry, also because Tyler was about to break something, so I promised I would bring you home. You're my friend too, and if you wanna talk, then I'll listen, but I can also sit here with you and not say a word if that's what you need."

Alex was certain that Mason was here to lecture him about his behaviour. Because he knows that if the guys had to make a choice between Alex and Ivy, they'd pick her in a second.

It's a bit overwhelming.

"Thank you. For finding me."

Mason looks up at the sky, but Alex can see the corner of his lips twitching.

"You're handsome. That's the only reason I'm here."

Alex snorts and shakes his head, "always making me feel special, mate. Thanks."

"So ?" Mason asks.

"So ?"

"Do you want to talk ?"

"Not really," Alex sighs. He had almost forgotten about it.

"How about I say something ?"

Alex eyes him suspiciously, "Thought you weren't here to talk ?"