1. The TRIP

There was a knock at my cabin's door while it was not even minutes ago, I had just leaned in my comfort chair after a prolonged meeting with the Arora's. Work is something that keeps me sane, away from all the emotional trauma and inevitable problems of my personal life. Of course, music has always been my all-time saviour. It's as if music resides in my very breath, inseparable you see. But work has its own effect on me.

"Sir, are you there?" a voice brought me out of my thoughts.

It was my PA who had come to get my signature on some documents related to the fashion show 'Vogue'. My company is one of the main sponsors for the same. I was going through the file when she interrupted me. "Sir, I'm also here to remind you about the flight you will be catching today in about a couple of hours."

That's when she had all my attention. The FLIGHT, oh freak, the TRIP, this can't be true. How can I be so forgetful!! Now I'm pretty sure that today will be the end of me. Hats off to my memory. Great going Manik, keep it up.

"Good job!! Don't you think you are quite too early for the remainder, Miss?" I gritted my teeth, while mocking her.

"Sorry Sir. The meeting you were in was already beyond schedule and moreover, you had strictly warned to avoid any interventions during your meeting with the Arora's. So I... "I intervened before she could continue with her rant. Just look at her, like seriously, she has the audacity to skilfully turn over all the blame on me, her BOSS.

"Oh! Come on. Is this the excuse you put forth for the blunder you have made?"

As of now, you all must have realised that arrogance and short temper is an in built function in my system. Additionally, I'm a control freak and I make sure to have things in my way. Then how could I easily let her have an upper hand over me this time. No. Never. Well, this is not it, most of the time I tend to act impulsively, and that has later on put me through immense guilt and pain. I can't deny the fact that this behaviour of mine has always knowingly or unknowingly hurt my loved ones but I can never ever get over it. At one point of my life, situations took such a turn that I completely lost it. Neither I had control over the situations nor on myself and that pushed my wrong buttons. Result being, I hurt someone so dear to my heart. Only if I could negate my wrong doings and decisions. I really do miss...

"Sir ... actually... I mean to say... I ... " She was just blabbering something while I was all lost in my own world. "Sir... Sir... " She shook me out of my thoughts when she found that I wasn't paying attention towards her. Composing myself and wearing my all-time famous facade, hiding all my emotions behind, I glanced at her once. Just to make sure she didn't find the turmoil I had on my face some time ago.

"I'm sorry Sir. I'll make sure it never happens again." And here it goes again, Sorry. Like seriously. At the end of all, all she has got is a plain, simple sorry. Wow!! Pissed off by her sorry session, I glare at her, scaring her to the extreme.

"Will you keep ranting over the spoilt milk or have you made any necessary arrangements for my departure?"

"Yes Sir. All has been done and I've personally taken care of all the requisites. You've to just freshen up and leave for the aerodrome." She spoke with the leftover courage and her face shone a slight trace of pride, having not given a chance to condemn her again.

I just nodded in response while mouthing an okay. Appreciating is something that can never be expected from me. Before exiting, I asked her to contact me in case of emergency and report me about the preparations of other events in my absence.

Among all this chaos, I had forgotten that my phone was still in silent mode. I wasn't surprised by the number of messages and calls I had received. I made a few important calls and texted Abhi and Cabir, my buddies, that I would directly reach the airport. No sooner were my messages delivered, my phone beeped with a threatening message by none other than Cabir.