"So, how do you think it will end?" He finally asked.

"I think they'll end up together," I told him. "What do you think?"

He picked up the book and began flicking through it. "I think I'll skip to the end and find out for myself."

When I tried to take the book away from him, his eyes began skimming over the lines.

"Oh... this is interesting." He snickered, turning to the next page while keeping it from me. He made a high-pitched noise and raised his brows, "I never saw that coming."

"Aiden!" I laughed, climbing on top of him to get a better reach of the book.

He laughed as my attempt failed, knowing I didn't stand a chance against his long arms.

"In the end," He said. "They both-"

I covered his mouth with my hand. "Don't you dare!"

His eyes closed as his chuckles vibrated on my palm.

He returned the book and unclasped my hand from his mouth. When I took the book from him, he held onto my waist with a firm grip and gazed up at me with wide eyes.

I let myself relax on his lap, holding the book close to my chest until I locked eyes with him.

"You almost spoiled my book," I said, crossly.

He straightened his back, bringing himself closer. "I would never."

He chuckled as I crossed my arms and stared down at him.

"Are you mad?" He teased with a pout, "Are you going to roll your eyes at me, too?"

His smile was unbearably contagious, but I fought against it nonetheless.

"Yes. I am mad at you." I looked away from him, lying.

"Oh, really?"

In seconds, his fingers were digging themselves into my sides. I arched my back as loud laughter filled our ears. I tried wriggling myself free from his grasp, but it was pointless.

"Stop it!" I snorted, and we both fell back on the bed as he continued to tickle me, unleashing laughter of his own, laced with the sweetest mischief.

"Okay, okay!" I giggled. "Stop it!"

"Are you still mad at me?"

"No! No, I'm not mad." I cowered behind my hands, eyeing him closely.

He pulled us both up from the bed and paused for a moment, deep in thought. "Do you feel like going on a walk?"

"Right now?"

"Yeah, the sun is just beginning to set. What do you think?"

***

Downtown Berkeley had its fair share of busy people walking around. It was a city with everything from restaurants to bookstores to parks, as well as the occasional aroma of eucalyptus. It was brimming with culture and bright lights, especially at night, when the vivid glow of each store window lit the entire street.

"I never noticed how nice the city looked at night." Aiden pointed out as we crossed over into a quieter street.

While we strolled through the streets, we fell into a comfortable silence. Our bodies would brush against one another every now and again, and even if it was just for a fraction of a second, it was long enough to set free a flock of butterflies within me.

We went down a long street lined with cheerful ribbons, passing an ice cream parlor at the lane's end. My enthusiasm got the best of me and I convinced Aiden to join me inside. We ended up with two little bowls of overflowing ice cream. Mint, chocolate chip, strawberry, and vanilla were among the flavors we bought.