Ch. 1 The Beginning

I just want to thank everyone for reading my first FF 'The Desired Blood' and being interested in my new stories. I will try to update multiple chapters at a time since I will only be updating every two-three weeks. Please be patient and understanding of my updating time frame. I want this story to last a while and also want to make sure I don't deviate from my plan. Thank you for any and all votes and comments. The chapters will be short (under 1k in length for the most part, but no longer than 1,050) this will help me to pace my story and keep it flowing.

Ch.1 The Beginning

No One's P.O.V.

A man stood outside the hospital room feeling nervous and excited. His wife was going to be giving birth to his third son. He started pacing back and forth outside the room while occasionally glancing at his two sons sitting on the bench talking quietly to each other. He knew they were just as excited as he was. When they first found out that his wife was pregnant again, he noticed that his eldest son Phana started to feel very protective of his soon to be new baby brother (of course at the time they didn't know the gender of the baby). He knew in his mind that he would be happy even if his third child was a girl.

Minutes ticked by as he heard his wife screaming and shouting in the room as the doctors directed her on when to push and when to stop. She had been in labor for six hours already and his little one was being stubborn. He chuckled at the stubbornness and went back to pacing.

The waiting for his child to be born reminded him of his other sons' births. He remembered that in the beginning, he was very nervous, especially with Phana his eldest. He was only 20 years old when his eldest was born. He was in the delivery room for his first child and remembered that his wife had nearly crushed his hand while she was pushing. He was so scared at the time that she would really break his hand so, he just stood there trying to give comforting words to help her lessen her hold but it didn't let up until they heard the first wail. Both of them smiled at their little boy and felt overwhelmed with joy and happiness that for a moment, they forgot that babies are very fussy and need a lot of attention.

*Flashback*

The man remembers the first few months after their eldest was born. IT WAS HELL!!! Phana wouldn't stop crying and screaming. Both of them didn't get much sleep and both felt like maybe they weren't really ready for a child but it was too late. Slowly as the months turned into years, they slowly started figuring out this parenting thing and just in time. They found out on Phana's third birthday, that they were going to be expecting another child. This brought them joy and happiness along with a little dread as they realized that they needed a bigger place to live in.

The man spent hours after work and during the weekends while helping his wife with taking care of Phana searching for a bigger house than they could afford and had room for more kids. He wasn't really thinking about having more kids but knowing that sometimes things don't always go as planned, he made sure that they would be prepared. It took him a few months to find the right house. At the time his wife was five months pregnant and was looking radiant as always. He smiled as they followed the real estate agent as she showed them the house and explained all the pros and cons of living in the area. They had really good schools nearby and lots of family-friendly places to visit and explore. The man looked at his wife and saw tears in her eyes as she looked at him with the look. He knew that look meant he had found the perfect place and that she was 100% in.

He pulled the agent aside and asked about how soon could the house be theirs and if there were any competitors wanting to buy the house. Luckily no one else was interested and the agent told them that they could move in as soon as the end of the month.

Months passed and soon it was time to visit the hospital again for their second sons' birth. They had decided on the name Tin and knew that he would be well-loved by their eldest.

In the first few months of Tin's arrival, Phana was a very curious and helpful brother. He would always ask if he could help taking care of his brother and both of his parents would let him help with the smaller things. Getting a blanket, a toy, or even helping to feed his brother with the bottle. Phana was feeling so proud of himself. He was very smart for his young age of three. He learned how to speak, read and write much earlier than his fellow three-year-olds and knew how to read the situation better than most. He even was able to start school really early and jumped start to first grade at the young age of 4. (I don't know if that is possible, so let's just say it is in my story)

Another year passed and things were going well. It was just a month after Tin's 2nd birthday and the family was celebrating together when the mom told her husband that her water had broke.

*Present*

The man was still pacing outside the room until he heard it. The wail of life from his third son. The joyous moment unfortunately only lasted a few minutes before he heard the doctor's words.

"I'm sorry sir but I have two types of news to tell you." - Doctor

"What are they?" -The man asked

"I am happy to say that your third son is healthy." -Doctor

"What's the other news?" - The man asked

"I regret to inform you that your wife passed right after giving birth." - Doctor

I know the beginning is slow and probably boring, but I am trying to make sure I keep the pace fluid so that I can make this story longer than my first one. Thanks for reading.