Levi and Veronica's First Thanksgiving Dinner

Start from the beginning

"Oh, but she said everyone will be there this year and they're all eager to meet me." Damn Chase and her "seductive move lessons" which never worked! And dammit Mother!

"Or..." I trailed a finger from the hollow of his throat down to the center of his toned abs. "We can just forget all about it and stay here all weekend long." I peered at him from under my lashes, then I captured my bottom lip between my teeth.

His attention panned to that last bit. I let go of my lip and licked the centre of his closed lips. He moaned and tickled my tush.

"Nice try, you little nymph. We are going. Unless you're too embarrassed to introduce me to your family?"

"Embarrassed? No, not at all. I'd love for you to meet them, it's just..." Levi looked worried. "My mother is not the best cook."

His expression changed into something more relaxed. "I'm sure it will be fine. I told her I'll bring wine. I'll bring a case so we can gargle with it if it's thoroughly inedible."

I threw my head back, laughing at his joke. What he didn't know was how likely that was to happen. "Okay, fine, you can come."

"Hmmm, I love it when you say that." Levi nuzzled my neck.

"Pervert." I playfully slapped his naked chest, and tilted my head so he could access more sensitive areas. He produced sensations I dearly loved and craved.

"What are you bringing?" he asked against the apex of my shoulder and neck.

Now, that was the million-dollar question. Levi still had no idea of my lack of cooking skills. I meant zero. Nada. Zilch. I could eat them, I could serve them but I could not cook them.

"What I bring every year, Rice Krispie Squares with Reese's pieces."

He stopped nibbling on my earlobe and looked at me straight on. "What are those?"

I chuckled. "What do you mean what are those? What do you think?" He shrugged. Oh my god. "You don't know what Rice Krispie squares are!"

"I could take a wild guess that they're made out of rice."

"Not just rice, rice cereal. And butter and marshmallows. They're super good. I pretty much grew up eating those." Wrong! I did grow up eating those and only those. "I'll make extra to keep here for snacks."

"Alright. Sounds delish. Speaking of snacks..." His hands made their way up my back and underneath my bra clasp.

I swatted at his arms. "No. I have work to do. Go read your book." I reached for my paperwork and his book.

He took them from me and threw them on the floor. I gasped, hearing a thud and watching the paper scatter everywhere. I would have protested more but Levi showed me some other more pressing matters.

****

Levi:

To say Veronica was nervous would be an understatement. I reached over, grabbing her hands to stop her from wringing them. I was afraid that she would separate the joints from all her frustration. I'd had a hard enough time getting her into the car with me earlier. She had tried to come up with unbelievable excuses just so I would give up and tell her that we could stay.

Her last attempt had nearly worked too. When she had told me that she hadn't worn underwear, I had been tempted to skip this whole trip, but once I discovered that she had fibbed, the plan was back on.

"Why are you so anxious? It's just me. I love you no matter what happens tonight." I glanced away from the road to give her a quick look.

Her shoulders slouched forward as she sighed loudly. "I wish it was just that. It's not you that's the problem. And it's not Maggie. You'll take a liking to her for sure." She paused and worked her bottom lip between her teeth. "It's my mother."