|| flying ||

c h a p t e r  f i v e
3 | 3 0 | 2 0
¤
a / n : Sorry for not posting for a while. Y'all probably need something to read because of the coronavirus sitch.
¤

   The sky was a gorgeous gradient of dark violet, rose, and golden yellow, clouds were pink and sparse. The only people on the flight deck were you and your sparkling. The only others that had been there were the routine seeker squads coming in and out for patrol. There was always at least a few who awed openly at Vega.

   Vega fell into your arms with a cry. You'd been teaching him how to fly the whole day.

   It had been a rather lax day, and so Megatron had not needed you. All you had to do was night shift patrols for a while. You knew Dreadwing would be available for the night, but you weren't quite sure about the next week or so.

   You would have your little one attempt to transform, which was quite the workout for someone whose t-cog wasn't fully matured. That's all you were having him do so he could get used to the experience. You took breaks for energon every so often.

   "Are we done yet?" Your son begged to know, his wings drooping. "My wings huuuurrt."

   "Yes. I've worked you for far too long, my dear," you answered in your ever kind and quiet tone. Your wings were drooping too. You were just as glad as your son that this was ending; while he was physically exhausted, you were emotionally exhausted.

   Vega was too fatigued to hop onto the tips of his pedes to ask for you to pick him up. He simply raised his arms expectantly and looked at you with tired optics.

   "Use your words," you had to remind him.

   "Up, please." He gave you puppy eyes for extra measure. You couldn't say no to him now, not that you'd been planning on it.

   "Alright, alright." You dropped to a crouch and took him into your arms. You entered the Nemesis and headed to your quarters. You made sure to tell Vega as you walked, before he dozed off, "I'm gonna be taking you to our room, and Dreadwing is gonna come by and make sure you sleep tight. Okay? I gotta do patrol for the night."

   "Mmhm," came the half-hearted reply. His face was snuggled into the crook of your neck. You weren't sure if he had heard you.

   You contactes Dreadwing.

   .::Yes?::. Came a gruff voice from the other end.

   .::Dreadwing, I am in need of your assistance for the night. I have patrol, but I'd rather not leave Vega alone.::.

   He sighed. You wondered if you had interrupted something. The lieutenant answered, .::Of course. Now?::.

   .::If its no trouble.::. You arrived at your door as you said so. Dreadwing gave a grunt of acknowledgement before you dropped the line.

   You maneuvered Vega to one arm to input your password before stepping inside. The door shut while you walked over to the left, to the berth in the middle of the wall, with scattered datapads on the dirty, silver floor at either side. You gently set the mechling down on the cold berth. He moaned a little, curling up into a ball, and then yawned. You

   You bit your derma, toying with it as you made a note to not work him so hard next time. You . . . You just didn't understand.

   Your door pinged.

   You quietly jogged over and let it open. You also dimmed the lights for Vega, until you were only just able to make out the walls and furniture in the room. The door slid to the side, revealing Dreadwing's tall and intimidating figure.