Chapter 13-Surprises

Beginne am Anfang

"I guess the air condition is too low, do you want me to adjust it?" He asked as we settled on the backseat. I can tell it's almost at its maximum so why the need to adjust? The coolness is just fine with me besides its middle of December so naturally the weather is cold as it is.

"No need, the coolness is just enough for me." Dominique answered politely before I even opened my mouth to respond to him.

"Pardon me mademoiselle but I don't think so." He shook his head in disagreement that made us confused and look at him questioningly.

What is it this time?

"You're so damn hot that the aircondition felt totally ashamed and useless."

She laughed heartily with that.

Give it to Kenshin to throw such hilarious lines like that. I strained so hard not to laugh or even smile. That would only give the man pleasure. I kept my blank expression giving out nothing.

It's so nice to see her so full of life with that laughter, sad truth though is that, I'm not the one who made that happen.

How I wish I can make her laugh like that.

Maybe I should start learning some punch lines.

I cringed at the thought. That's not so me!

But why do I have this feeling that I can even cross a river full of hungry crocodiles just to be with her on the other side?

That morbid thought made me want to laugh. This feeling is crazy, utterly crazy!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"Give me your hand." I commanded her after I closed the car divider to give us privacy or much more so avoid Kenshin's hilarious remarks.

She gave me a hesitant look but consented afterwards.

"No, the left one," again she was hesitant but obeyed nonetheless without saying a word.

"God, why are you this cold?" I can't help myself but comment as I held her hand on mine.

"No I'm not. I'm so damn hot according to Kenshin that even the aircon felt ashamed." She gave me her rakish grin, which made me chuckle.

She's nervous. I don't have to be a genius to know that. It's pretty obvious with her eyes avoiding my intense gaze. She's trying to hide it by acting playful with me. I don't want her to think more about what lies ahead of us an hour from now so I just played along.

"Okay, Ms. So-damn-hot," I fished for the ring in my pocket without letting go of her hand. "Thanks God we're in a car as of the moment because I' don't want to kneel." I grinned at her appalled face. She's speechless, which is new to me because from the first time I met her, she has always been the crazy woman who has something to say about everything.

"Hey, don't look as if you're in front of a judge waiting for your sentence." I strained not to laugh at her reaction. "I'm not offering you marriage, so you can breathe now."

She sighed deeply after hearing that. Relief was apparent on her face rather than disappointment.

"God, you scared me for a brief moment there!" She laughed softly while looking at me a little confused.

"I'm not offering you marriage but I need you to promise me something." I studied her reaction before continuing. She looked really confused now with her eyebrows almost forming a line.