Chapter 6: Never Were we Parallel

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I... I went to buy groceries and... And some thug attacked me... I don't remember much but I remember this guy saving me... I think... His name was Irony?"

"... Irony?"

"Yeah... Um, All Might? Why... Why are you smoking...?"

It was then that the blonde noticed that yes, he was indeed smoking.

'It seems I have pushed my limits again tonight'

Ah. But what about Midoriya-shounen? Won't he be shocked? Will he lose hope in the Symbol of peace at seeing him in such a miserable state!?

"Ah - well - this is-"

Poof!

God dammit!

So this is what they call 'as if on que'.

The green haired boy's eyes widened as the once muscular blonde was reduced to nothing but skin and bones - well, not litteraly since at that point anyone would be dead if they didn't have their other organs but still- you get his point.

Even after seeing it once, it still amazed him (no it didn't discourage him in the slightest - never to All Might, because it wasn't his strength that amazed Izuku).

"A-A-All Might!?" He exclaimed in shock.

The tall man looked down "Yes, it is I, my boy... I'm sorry to disappoint you like this" he seemed to believe that the child would have genuinely been disappointed.

"Disappointed...?" Izuku blinked, so even- no- of course even the number one hero had his own demons to fight.

"Yes, I am supposed to be the Symbol of Peace, the unshakable pillar that keeps everyone safe with a smile on his face, the one that makes people think 'Ah, it's all fine, everything will be fine' and to be reduced to nothing but... This, it's not very... Unshakable" the blonde explained.

Izuku blinked.

"Well, that's true" Yagi flinched at this "But this form, although not unshakable, is - in a way - comforting in its own rights"

The number one hero looked up in confusion.

How was this scrawny man, in any way, comforting?

"Not everyone may feel the same, because of course you'd want something to stay strong when the world can so easily crumble all around you, but as a child - to me - you weren't so much as a comfort, than an insult"

He seemed surprised, and he by all rights should be.

The Symbol of Peace, insulting?

"What? W-why?" No one has ever called him that before, maybe this will give him a new view point on his title, maybe it can help him in helping others.

"I mean, now of course not, I realize that you're truly great! But when I was a kid... Well, my mind wasn't really in the best place and my situation wasn't anything to be desired, and when I saw you I always thought 'it must be nice, being able to smile all the time, being so strong all the time' because the way you make yourself out to be is omnipotent and to me - who had seemed so far away from heroes; from hope - I just couldn't grasp the concept; this man is supposed to bring peace? He's supposed to save people then why am I still here!? Why hasn't he saved me!? And I was angry at you because All Might lied. But if my past self were to see you now, he'd realize that All Might is a hero, not a god. And instead of anger at why I wasn't saved, I would have felt that hope you seemed to inspire in so many hearts, because even All Might can be brought down from the unreachable platform he stands on and walk among us, and maybe, just maybe, if someone who's like this can become someone like that, than maybe life's not so hopeless after all, maybe I can drag myself up there, it's not impossible now, at least I would have known that. But I didn't and don't get me wrong! I'm fine now, but I just can't help but think of possibilities you know? How it could have been but at least I know now! Even though it was purely accidental"