Chapter 16

Leo's P.O.V

I walk up to the bald man standing behind the bar.

"Excuse me?" I ask "Are you Tom the bartender?"

"Yes I am. You must be Leo Valdez, Dumbledore told me you would be coming today." The man replied with a toothless grin.

He came out from behind the bar, gesturing for me to follow him. He lead me through the bar, up a flight of stairs and down a hall to a large wooden door.

He opened the door for me to reveal a spacious room with a large four poster bed, a full length mirror, a door leading off to a small bathroom, and a drawer to put clothes in.

"Alrighty then. First I would like to properly introduce myself. I am Tom, son of Bacchus." He said.

"Your a demigod and a wizard?" I asked.

"I sure am. Now here is a bag with your money. The gold one are galleons, the silver ones are sickles, and the little bronze one are knuts. Here is your supply list and here is a folder with all if the quest information that you can read later, all of it in Greek of course."
Tom explained. He gave me the money bag with the list and folder. I sling the bag over my shoulders and put down the folder.

"Whoa Tommy boy, slow your roll. How do you even get to Diagon Alley?" I demanded.

He smiled at me, not fazed at all by the "Tommy Boy". "Well I was gonna get to that soon! Follow me."

He lead me down the stairs and out the back door. I was expecting some magical gateway but I was met with something even better...a brick wall!

I raised a skeptical eyebrow but before I could speak Tom wiped a stick out from Zeus knows where and tapped a brick above an old, rusty trash can.

Suddenly the bricks started shaking. I took a wary step back as the bricks started moving to create an opening.

"Holy Hera." I breathed out in awe.

In front of me was the most amazing thing ever. There was one long street with shops lined up on either side. Everything was so colorful, including the wizards that were bustling around from store to store. I could feel my hair start to smoke as my excitement grew. I quickly patted it down before it caught on fire.

"So this is Diagon Alley. Don't stay out past dark but aside from that knock yourself out." with that Tom walked off back into the bar.

Looking back on this I would like to say that I calmly walked around and completed my shopping. I can not say that because I would be lying. What do you expect me to do? This place is almost as awesome as I am!

I skipped shops, getting the cooler things on the list before the boring things. The wizards seemed amused by my enthusiasm. A few laughed when I sprinted towards the wand shop.

I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't what I got. I thought it would be a little more, I don't know, cooler.

I walked into the store, coughing in the dust. "Hello?" I called, "Anyone home?"

Suddenly from behind one of the shelves an old man emerged, scaring the hades out of me.

"Well, well, well. Demigods are everywhere these days apparently. First the son of the sea god then wisdoms child. Whose child are you?." He asked me.

"I am the one and only Leo Valdez, son of Hephaestus. Who the heck are you?" I asked.

He snorts. "Figures. You'll probably take apart your wand, trying to figure out how it works. That being said I know the perfect wand for you."