Chapter 13

Percy's P.O.V

I was running through Tartarus, searching for Annabeth. I tried calling out her name but no one replied. Suddenly Akhlys, the goddess of poisons, was in front of me with Annabeth, bound and gaged behind her. Akhlys smiled in a mocking way.

"You know what you have to do to get your precious Annabeth back." She leered at me. I knew what she was talking about. The only way we had of killing her. The dark way.

I raised my hands and I could see Annabeth shutting her eyes tight behind her. I closed my eyes and called the forward the poison within her. As I choked her I could feel the dark side of my powers tempting me, telling me I could do so much more if I just opened up to it. All the possibilities, Annabeth would never get hurt again.

No, not like that. I would not give in to the weaker part of me. I looked at the tear streaked face of Annabeth and the dying face of Akhlys, filled with horror. I would not do this, dream or no dream. I screamed, waking myself up from the nightmare.

I sat up, suddenly awake. I looked over at Annabeth who was trembling.

"You had the same one too?" I asked her. Lately our nightmares have been connected. Cause hey, two's a party. She nods her head and sighs.

"I promise I'll never do it again. I thought it would be different because it was a nightmare. I thought I would wake up before the damage was done. I'm so, so sorry wise girl." I told her. She nods her head, still not speaking.

"What time is it?" She finally asks. I look at my watch Tyson made for me.

"7:00. Wow we made it all night." I replied.

"We should start getting ready."

"Remember Percy, we need to be alert protecting Harry and the others. Albus said he wouldn't be here for a while so we have to be careful." She reminded as we were getting dressed.

"Right, no more fooling around. It's time to get serious."

Harrys P.O.V

I woke up from a dreamless sleep I got up at the same time as the others were getting up and we started talking about quiditch. I was captain this year and Dean and Seamus wanted to know if I could guarantee them spots.

"Guys, you know I can't do that. It would be playing favorites. You need to try out just like everyone else." I told them.

The conversation continued on like that for a while. Except for Neville, who asked me to introduce him to Percy and Annabeth.

I grabbed my things and went downstairs with Ron to find Hermione waiting for us. Before I could ask if we should wait for the others they came down right behind us.

"What does the SPQR stand for?" Hermione asked.

I was confused at the question and Sao was Percy. Then I noticed his shirt had those letters on it.

"Oh, um, it's from our Latin class we took when we went to the mort-muggle school we told you about. It stands for some old roman saying or something. The teacher was just handing them out." Percy answered.

I narrowed my eyes. He hesitated and changed what he was saying mid word. A quick glance at Hermione confirmed that she noticed it too. Ron, however, was oblivious to Percy's give away. I looked at his and Annabeths intertwined hands and for the first time I saw a hazy, black design. I couldn't make out all of it, it was as if something was trying to stop me from seeing it yet I still could.

"What's on you arm?" I demanded. He looked down and tried to cover up his surprise with nonchalantness.

"Oh, it's just something I drew on my arm. I do it when I'm bored." He said. I was still suspicious but that did explain the pen he was always twirling around.