Chapter 10: Barmeyer et al., 2019

Start from the beginning

When was the last time I had a girl's lipstick streaked all over my dick? Shit, it's been too long to even remember.

"Mm," she agrees. "My studying was productive..." Her tongue flits out just for a second over her lower lip before she leisurely continues, "But... other endeavours less so."

No cure to the discontented ache between her legs, she means. Got it.

"I can relate." We sound completely normal, civil, casual, but there's a hidden, covert meaning beneath each sentence that only her and I are privy to. Get your head out of the gutter, Hall. I run a hand through my hair and decide to try for normal conversation. "How are you enjoying the course so far?"

"It's very interesting," she replies. Her voice is soft, sweet, but with a slightly throaty quality that I find undeniably sexy. "Certainly novel compared to my other classes."

I suddenly wonder if she's actually enjoying the material, if my lectures are engaging, or if her interest is mostly due to her attraction to me. "Do you find that the lecture content is comprehensive enough? I'm still refining the way I teach the course so I can make changes for future semesters."

"So far I think it's excellent." She seems genuine. "The material isn't too difficult to grasp but it does require some thought, which I can appreciate."

It's like she somehow knows exactly what I want to hear.

"No major issues, then?"

"No..." I can tell from the subtle mischief that lights up her face that her 'issues' might not be exactly related to the way I teach the course but rather... extraneous factors. She pauses, perhaps to debate whether or not to suggest something decidedly inappropriate, before softly venturing, "That being said..." She tucks some of the hair framing her face back distractedly. "I think I'd benefit from... a more hands-on learning approach to the course material?" My skin heats up and a wicked grin slowly curves up a corner of my mouth. Oh, she's clever but shameless and it drives me wild. She keeps a straight face. "For a more... thorough understanding."

Mm, I could be very thorough.

There's warmth coming off the curves of her body, she's standing close enough for me to get a whiff of her clean, sweet smell. There are only a couple people ahead of us now. The line is moving too fast.

"I understand completely," I reply, my voice lower, huskier. We both look forward innocuously, voices hushed. "Enhance your knowledge of the class content by... engaging more extensively with the material."

"Precisely."

"Your dedication to your studies is admirable, Mitchell," I praise dryly.

"I've always been very studious."

When I glance at her from the corner of my eyes, her cheeks are just a little flushed with heat and I find myself wondering if our innuendo is making her wet. Wonder if I slipped a hand beneath the light fabric of her dress towards the hot space between her toned thighs, her panties would be damp against the tips of my fingers.

Actually, I'd put money on it.

"Hey there," the barista greets, smoothing a hand over the front of her green apron. "What can I get for you?"