“Why do you get so over protective?” I asked as I pulled out of the parking space.

“I don’t get over protective.” he said as he ran his fingers through his hair. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Okay Matty.” I said sarcastically. I could tell he was getting slightly upset. He didn’t speak for the rest of the short ride to my flat.

//

“Why are you being so quiet?” I asked Matty as I put away the groceries. He just shook his head and sat on my couch, switching on my TV, and investing himself in a movie that was playing. He was beginning to get on my nerves.

“Seriously Matty, what is your problem?” I said as I switched off the TV.

“What’s wrong? You have been acting weird all day now.” he sighed.      

“It’s nothing Ari, just turn the movie back on. I was just getting into it.”

“Can you just talk to me for two seconds? What is your problem. Jesus Christ Matthew.” Did I say something? Did I do something wrong?

“Is this about what happened at the store?” I asked. His eyes shot up at me, which signified that that was the reason he was being so distant.

“Did you have to talk to that bloke?” he asked raising his voice slightly. Of course it was about Dan. This once again is proving my point about him being way too over protective, and jealous.

“Jesus Matty, you need to chill out. You get way too jealous. I wasn’t going to just walk away from him without saying hello.” He gave me a smug look and stood up from his seat on the couch.

“You were practically rubbing him in my face! Why do I put up with you?!”

“Well, I think you should leave Matty, so now you won’t have to put up with shit from me. Asshole.” I stormed into my bedroom as he followed me.        

“Look I didn’t mean it, Ari.”          

“Fuck you. Just go back to Gemma.”

I snapped back as I slammed my bedroom door behind me and jumped onto my bed. The flat stood silent for a few moments when a slight knock on the door disturbed me from my thoughts.

“Babe…” Matty spoke gently as he tried to turn the knob.

“Babe, let me in.” I got up off the bed unwillingly and unlocked the door. I walked back to the bed silently and sat back down, and began to scroll on my phone. I felt the bed dip once he sat down next to me, but I didn’t look. I didn’t want to be so cold to him but I was sick of him being so jealous and overprotective all the time.