The Ministry Of Magic

A/N
I do not own any of these characters nor the Harry Potter universe. They all belong to JK Rowling. P.S. sorry for the long chapter lol
——————————————————

The days rolled by as Harry slowly came to terms with not knowing about The Order.

It was the usual latter half of the summer vacation for him. Hanging out with Ron and Hermione, catching up on homework, and Ms Weasley giving him third helpings at every meal. It was so normal he almost forgot about the trial. That is until Mr Weasley reminded him the night before.

"Harry you have to be up nice and early tomorrow to get to the ministry. Molly will make sure to have a good breakfast ready for you."

Harry looked up quickly confused, then remembered about the trial.

"Alright". Harry nodded.

The next morning Harry woke up to the smell of bacon and the sound of Ron moving around the room.

"C'mon mate! Mums made bacon and eggs!" Ron said sounding as delighted as can be. Harry swears he can eat more then Hagrid sometimes.

Harry crawled out of bed and got dressed in his nice clothes, he had laid them out the night before, and tried to do something with his unruly hair but ultimately gave up and went downstairs.

"Ah there you are Harry dear"  Ms Weasley called as he walked into the kitchen.

Mr Weasley, Ron, Hermione, and the Twins were all sitting around the table eating.

"Come on, quickly now, you need to eat well before you leave. Stressful things those trials don't know why they would put a child through it" Ms Weasley ranted.

"Molly, dear remember that if he didn't have this trial he would be expelled" Mr Weasley gently reminded his wife.

"Yes yes of course" she muttered, piling food onto Harry's plate.

And hour and 3 servings of food later, Harry and Mr Weasley were at the door about to leave. Ms Weasley hovered around them pressing a piece of toast into Harry's hands, Ron and Hermione hugged him and wished him luck, and Fred and George cracked jokes about Harry getting expelled. Ms Weasley kept reprimanding them for it but personally Harry thought the jokes were a riot.

Eventually they managed to get off the door and stood on the first step of Number 12 Grimmauld Place. Mr Weasley offered Harry his arm and as soon as Harry took it, apparated them to a deserted muggle street. They crept down the block to an old telephone box where Mr Weasley punched in 5 numbers then held the receiver to his ear.

"Hello and thank you for contacting the Ministry Of Magics visitors office how may I help you" Harry could hear the phone saying.

Mr Weasley presses a few more numbers and a shining silver badge with "Ministry Of Magic, Guest" was written on it.

Once he took the badge the bottom of the telephone box started moving down like an elevator until he could see the shining floors and grand entrance hall of the Ministry.

They got out and went over to security. After a good deal of waiting in line the security officer inspected Harry's wand and deemed him fit to enter. They crossed the room to the Golden lifts and got in. Mr Weasley started talking to a large man and Harry decided he didn't want to listen, though he wished he had when Mr Weasley turned around looking pale and shocked.

"What happened?" Harry asked him, curious.

"It seems that your court hearing has been moved up a bit. We only have 5 minutes to get there." Mr Weasley said nervously.

After what seemed like ages the lift stopped and Harry heard a disembodied female voice saying "Level 9, Department of Mystery's."

Mr Weasley quickly got off and made a beeline towards the middle of the hall and Harry followed him as he made a sharp turn onto some staircases. Harry followed him down onto the next floor and towards a large door set into the wall with Courtroom 10 written on it in big bold letters.

"Alright Harry this is it. Don't know why'd they'd hold the hearing down here though. Anyways. Get on your way don't want to be late. I'll be back by the time it ends to take you home."

"Your not coming with me?" Harry said, a tad nervously.

"Unfortunately I can't Harry. I've got work and you'll be fine now go on there." Mr Weasley patted Harry's shoulder.

Harry, feeling incredibly nervous, walked through the door and descended down the grimly lit staircase into the waiting area of the court room.

He sat down and waited for them to call him in. He was just starting to wonder whether he was just supposed to go in when someone came through the doors to the courtroom.

"This way Mr Potter" the man said calmly.

Harry followed him into the courtroom and took a seat in the lonely chair in the middle of the room. 

This is it, he thought, this is the day they decide if I get expelled from
Hogwarts.