Flirting, Desperation, And A Whole Lot Of Snogging

A/N
I do not own any of these characters nor the Harry Potter universe. They all belong to JK Rowling. *TW self harm*
_______________________

Soon enough Harry and Draco's potion project is finished and handed in so Harry expects that to be the last he hears of Draco so close to him, but then why was he finding him everywhere? In the library, courtyard, honey dukes, Draco was always there. It was driving Harry insane.

He tried everything to get him off his mind, including more cutting but curiously, he just couldn't make himself do it much after remembering Draco's worried face that day in the washroom. It haunted him.

He refused to let himself dwell on the impossible and threw himself into the DA. He made lesson plans, did private lessons, talked with Hermione and Ron, even as Umbridge's ridiculous decrees piled up and up and up. Winter break passed in a blur of colour and presents Harry appreciated but didn't remember.

And then she found the DA. Cho Chang's friend Marietta had blabbered about it and Umbridges infernal Inquisitorial Squad  had triumphed the Room Of Requirement, but luckily they'd gotten everyone out safely. After that ridiculous stunt they had decided not to hold anymore meetings for a while just to be safe which made Harry restless and antsy for something to distract himself lest he spiral. However soon enough he did.

He woke up every day either numb, or heavy with indescribable sadness. His feelings bottled up inside with no way to escape him and honestly it made his skin itch and feel too tight. He was drowning in himself but he couldn't let anyone know. He was the Chosen One. He wasn't supposed to feel weighed down or upset or scared because he could take down Voldemort! But Harry didn't feel that way at all.

His vices weren't enough and his mind too small to handle the things he needed to keep hidden. He couldn't sleep well or eat well, sit still or move, be truly happy or productive. He was a mess. And it only got worse after Umbridge forced Dumbledore out of office.

After that everything went downhill. He was constantly worrying, writing letters to Sirius and Remus day and night and needing to know they were alive and well and what was going on with Dumbledore and having to word it just right so that Umbridge couldn't identify anything from reading his letters. He couldn't focus in class, the DA took up too much of his time, his sanity was cracked, and his grades were falling rapidly, which is how he found himself in the library at 7pm on a Saturday night with a pile of books and parchment in front of him, preparing to tackle his giant mountain of homework.

He was about a third of the way through when who should appear but the blonde haired, grey eyed weasel Harry was all too affected by. Surprisingly he sat down and they worked in silence for a long while before Harry got up to go find a book, and Draco trailed after him.

Harry quickly got suspicious "why are you following me Malfoy"

Draco sneers "believe it or not, checking on you. Have you even been eating you look like skin and bones."
Draco continued like that, asking questions about his well-being disguised as taunts and teases before Harry snapped "Why do you even care anyways Malfoy?!"

Draco was silent for a moment before he says, his voice laced with anger and hatred. "Why do I care? Why do I care?! Well believe it or not Potter but unfortunately I care about you you overgrown barn rat. I am infuriatingly and unforgivably cursed by your stupid emerald eyes and dumb messy raven hair that gives me the irresistible urge to run my fingers through it to tame it down. I hate you and everything you stand for and yet I can't help but notice when you don't eat or sleep or change something and great Merlin I am unfortunately I'm love with you you-"

Draco undoubted had more to say but he was cut off because in a fit of self confidence Harry had shot forward and kissed Draco Malfoy dead on the mouth, and to his surprise, Draco reciprocated. Their mouths moving against one another in tandem. They spent what could have been second or hours like that, Draco pushing Harry back against the bookcase and kissing him senseless and eventually breaking apart for air, both of them looking dazed before they jumped apart from one another, both going to speak at the same time.

"What was tha-" "what the fu-"

They both stared at eachother and Draco mutters "fuck it" before leaning in again to kiss Harry, gentler this time. When they broke apart Harry swallows and whispers* I feel the same way about you Draco.

As they both processed they kissed some more and then spent hours talking, figuring out the other really wasn't all that bad away from prying eyes. After that night the library became their meeting spot. Sneaking around to find eachother and press hungry kisses to the others mouths.

Harry quite honestly couldn't quite believe his luck.