Mike x Tall! Fem! Reader

Requested by: @Siniora-Chan
Ship: Mike (Acrobat) x Female Reader
Type: Fluff

𝙸𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚅

The day was long gone, the sun setting down to allow the moon to finally shine its grace down upon the Earth yet its light was unable to soothe the heart of the young and jovial Acrobat.

Their circus performance have long ended with happy children and satisfied parents. Mike and (Y/N) being the main star of their show as always. Mike with his high jumps and mind blowing tricks followed along with (Y/N)'a daring and bold flips on a trapeze.

Both acrobatic performers were both known for their synchronisation as well as the trust they have in each other to pull off their stunts. Along with how their looks complemented with each other, many however thought they were related rather than dating.

And all that was because of how Mike was shorter than Y/N, reaching only her chin while she was literally a head taller.

This was the current dilemma being suffered by the young blonde who was once again, hanging himself upside down on a rope by his feet as he continued to mindlessly juggle the balls in his hands, showing his remarkable concentration despite not really paying attention.

He couldn't drag it long any longer. He had to make it clear to Y/N of his feelings towards her.

𝙸𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚅

Y/N was now practicing for their performance tomorrow, doing a smooth spin that transitioned into a side split as she twirled the hoops in her arms, throwing it up before she did a flip right away from her split and catching the hoop with one hand.

She was so indulge in her practice that she didn't noticed her partner who walked into the barn. Deciding to catch her off guard for a bit, Mike made an accurate aim right at her solar plexus and threw his ball at her, hitting right at her forehead. Surprised and taken aback, she almost fell if it weren't for her profession as an acrobat.

Turning her head, her eyes soon landed on the culprit as her lips jutted out into a pout.

"Mikeyyyyyyy~"

"You didn't fall."

"But I could have."

"But you didn't."

Seeing how she won't be winning, she decided to drop it before slumping down on a pile of hay, flipping a curl of her hair out of her face as she looked up at him.

"So what had graced the oh so glorious Mike to make such an ungentlemanly attack on a beautiful maiden in distress like me?"

She giggled when she saw Mike rolled his eyes a little at how dramatic she was but knew he loved it all the same. Mike then tossed three coloured balls towards her in order: Gold, silver and rose.

He knew she was smart enough to know what they mean as he sat down beside her. She caught call the balls and was confused for a while before she suddenly heard Mike talking.

"The message, I mean it."

A confused look was seen in her eyes as she looked down at the coloured juggling balls. Looking them in order of the colours that was thrown to her earlier.

Gold, silver and rose.

Oh.

Oh.

Oh my fucking god—

"Mike...what is this?"

She still went and asked, despite how the answer was served to her right in her face. Mike sighed, a sign of how frustrating and inwardly painful it was for him to say it out loud to her.

"I know you only see me as a little kid and no more than that but I don't. I don't see you as an older sister but as a woman. Can't you do the same?"

Even with the proclamation made for him to be seen as a man, Y/N couldn't help but snort at the pout he was making despite trying so hard not to do so.

"Pfft—"

"Y/N!!! I'm being serious here!!"

"I know! I know! I-I just can't— Pfft— take you seriously!"

Mike was soon pouting and heavily and that sent Y/N into another burst of laughter as she rolled onto her side, giggling loudly as she started forming tears at the corner of her eyes. Mike chose not to say anything, a small playful glare on his face as he waited for the idiotic girl he fell in love with to finally collect herself.

It was a while later when Y/N did, clearing her throat a few times as she sat back upright, her hair in a slight mess but neither of them cared.

"Mike, are you serious?"

"The balls would have exploded into whip cream if I wasn't."

"....True."

An awkward silence settled in between them. She never actually looked at Mike properly now that she thought about it. Those perfectly well toned blonde locks of hair that looks just as stylish despite being a mess, those heterochromatic eyes of his that seem to sparkle brighter than their circus lights, those strong limbs that aid him in his high jumps, that absolutely perfect jawline from his side profile and that delicious looking abs hidden underneath his rather innocent appearance—

Woah woah woah, hold it right there Y/N, just where the fuck did your mind ran off to. Did you seriously thought dirty of the brother figure you always doted on??!

That innocent little squishy looking lamb???!!

Y/N was in stupefied horror at the realisation. When had it all started? Those lingering feelings that sunk to the bottom of her heart as she unconsciously convinced herself to not think of anything more of her performance partner? When? She didn't know.

"You know....it doesn't take that long to reject someone."

Mike's voice soon penetrated her thoughts and she blinked her eyes a few times, looking up with a rather startled look as she frantically shook her head.

"N-No no no, that's not it, Mike..."

"Then?"

"...." Knowing that the blonde boy liked her back was a bit overwhelming for her to be honest, her mind jumbled up with her thoughts that's being messed up in order. Not trusting herself to say the proper thing, Y/N sucked in a breath and closed her eyes before doing the most boldest stunt she ever did in her career.

She pulled Mike close by his collar and pressed their lips together.

She mentally praised herself for not messing that one move up, her face flushing beet red upon feeling Mike's warm and slightly moist lips against hers.

After what seemed to be a thousand years (just a few seconds really), she finally pulled away, her face getting redder and redder by the second before she let out what seemed to be an embarrassed squeal, and literally ran out of the barn.

Mike was left sitting on the pile of hay with a dumbfounded look. His fingers gently touched his lips where the lingering feeling of her lips could still be felt. Once registering what had happened, finally a dumb and achieved grin was soon seen on his face.