4 Little Interactions

Start from the beginning

“Charlie.” Tae called as soon as we’re left alone. I dragged my attention from the exit door towards him and forced a smile. “You sure you are not up for Daegu?” He asked and took a sip from the coffee cup.

“I am pretty sure Tae.” My hand fell upon his resting on the table. “Mama said Ralph needs to prepare for his medical entrance and you know what it’s like when we both meet.” I subconsciously laughed at the memory and so did Tae. I and my little brother are like demons when we do something fun together, we won’t sleep the whole night and would do something stupid and whole day we would spend outside. It was a sad feeling to not to be with family during the break, but I don’t want to risk his studies.

“I know, but you could stay at mine you know. My mom would love to have you.” He ruffled my hair with a smile.

“Hmm, but need some time alone here.” I averted my eyes from him and looked at the cash counter where Jin was busy treating the customers. “Away from family and friends, I need to feel how it feels like staying alone.”

“Do you mean I am invading your privacy?” my eyes instantly went wide and I looked back at him.

“Jesus Tae, I didn’t mean it way.” He laughed and placed the cup on table.

“Shit Charlie, I was kidding.” He concluded in between his laughter making me relieved. He cupped my face with both of his hands and gave me a big boxy grin. “You should’ve seen your face, you looked cute.” He commented and I rolled my eyes.

“Not funny.” I mumbled and felt his lips on mine. I went rigid, I thought I would melt into it later just like I always do, but this time, I didn’t. First time in these two years, a kiss by Tae felt wrong. Not to make this awkward, I kissed him back with a clenching feeling inside my chest. I felt him smile into the kiss because I responded back. I was at the brink of crying, but held back everything.

“If you both are planning to have sex in my café, then get out of here.” Jin’s voice startled me. I gasped and broke the kiss we were sharing.

“Cock blocker.” Taehyung frowned and mumbled. Jin just laughed it off and went inside the kitchen area. “Well…” he trailed off. I looked back at him and saw hi staring in space, thinking of something and then shifted his gaze back at mine and spoke gently. “If we’d look into it in a different way, then I guess I will also get some time alone in Daegu and could figure few things out that I need to.” Something felt strange in his tone, I don’t know what. I said nothing but nodded my head anyway.

We sat in silence for few seconds, holding hands and my head on his shoulder as we shared our red velvet pastries. Moments like this always reminded me of the high school days. We would attack on a nearby café from school and would sit there in silence staying in the same position. For us, silence was our eternal peace. We thought that sitting in silence embracing each other could let us forget our problems; and it not only helps forgetting but it also helps us lessening the burden. Whenever we would sit like this, it means we had problems, a kind which we cannot tell to each other. And right now that was clear we had untold problems.

I don’t know what was bothering Tae, but something was. My problem was yet not figured out. And this was the first time in two years of our relationship, we had our untold problems. He knew that very well, after all it was our made up thing. Whether we would have problem we could solve for each other or the problems we cannot voice out to each other, we would be there for each other.

Tae caressed the back of my hand with his thumb. When we were kids, I used to tease him for having smaller hands than mine, but as puberty hit him hard, he became a kind of boy that I would drool over. He was arrogant back in school, arrogant for his Daddy’s money and his over handsome looks. I was used to his arrogant nature. Few people hated him for that, but I never resented him for something he must have arrogance for.

The buzzing of my phone startled me. Tae was the one to groan and asked me not to pick it up, but I knew that was Jimin. I send him an apologetic smile and slide the call answer.

“Hello?”

Charlie, are you coming soon?” He sounded mad.

“Um, yeah, I’ll be there in ten I guess.” I said and slid the strap of my bag on my shoulders. Tae gave me a questioning look as I hung up the call and shoved it inside my jeans pocket. “I need to find Jimin a book for his break assignment.” I forced a sorry smile to him.

“Heading for the library?” He asked and drank the last gulp of coffee and slammed the cup on the table playfully. I nodded my head. “I’ll drop you there I am heading to Jackson’s anyway.” He announced and stood up pulling me along with him.

“Fine.” I giggled as he kept pulling me, in fact dragging me. I waved Jin goodbye and followed Tae to his car.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!! 💜💜💜💜