Chapter 6 - Akaashi

Lunch ended quickly, me and Bokuto not talking for the rest of it. 

By the time the end of the day had come and I was tucked up in bed, the light from my phone reflecting from my eyes, me and Bokuto had named the day 'awkward day'.

The was due to the number of awkward things that had happened to us. Such as when we were walking to our last lesson together, my hand brushed his.

My gosh! I don't think I've been so embarrassed.

But, right now we were just laughing it off over text.

I never realised how funny he was.

Another good thing is that he has been coming to school with fewer bruises and cuts. He even told me that his step-father wasn't beating him much any more.

I really hope this keeps up and he feels safer going home now.

~~~~~ Next day

The bell rang out across the school's courtyard. Time for the first period.

I have maths...with Bokuto. Which is amazing!

I stepped into the classroom, not surprised to see Bo's chair empty. He's normally slightly late.

I sat and watched the door.                                                                                                                                               5 minutes...                                                                                                                                                                               Lessons started. Bokuto's chair still empty.                                                                                                                20 minutes...                                                                                                                                                                             Lesson halfway. Bokuto's chair...                                                                                                                                     Still empty...

By this time, I was starting to get concerned. Yes, I have to admit he's normally late, but by this time he would be here.

I may just be being paranoid. He may just be ill. But something deep down inside of me is saying that it's much worse.

By lunch, he's still hasn't shown up. This was about the time when I started to ask classmates if they'd seen him.

All of them said no.

Last period.

A knock at the door.

"Can Keiji Akaashi please come outside!"

Cofusion. Anxiety. Nausea. Those feelings stirred inside my gut.

I was never called out of lessons. The only time I was, was when my grandma died.

I made my way out of the class with the teacher who had asked for me.

He stared me directly in the eyes and I could have sworn I saw some sadness or sympathy however if I did, it was gone in an instant replaced with seriousness.

"Am I right in knowing that you have a close relationship with Kotaro Bokuto?" He asked me.

What?!

"Yes, sir," I replied calmly.

"Well, I have some news. He was sent to the hospital a few hours ago. Something about falling down the stairs?"

Sweat dripped down my forehead. Hospital?! My hands were shaking. I felt sick. Dizzy.

"I'm allowing you, seeming as you have such a close relationship, to go see him." The teacher continued.

My eyes widened.

"Thank you sir!" I shouted before sprinting into the classroom, grabbing my things and quickly making my way over to the hospital.

I could barely breath. I know that he hasn't fallen down the stairs. No. This was his step-father. And by the sound of it, it was bad.

Just please, please be okay.

To be continued...