Chapter 16

"It's V-Day!!" Stella  shouted. She came to pick me up at the condo and I swear I can hear her voice from the lobby. "Hey, where Stef?" She has a smirk on her face. She glanced at her boyfriend and he's been smirking, just like her. "He's on his way here. While waiting for him, why are you dressing up like this? This is so basic, sweetie."

I glance at what am I wearing. I have no fancy dress, cause I prefer wearing crop top and skinny jeans. "Why? Is it not okay?" She nodded. "Come on. I know a place that's not far from here. Babe, wait for me here, kay?"

"No worries, I'll be waiting here for you, baby. Even if it takes forever."

"Aww, baby, quite cringey I must say."

I try to hold in my laughter. "Let's go!" She drag me, while holding my arm. I walk into the Xerra Boutique. I never been here cause the clothes are so expensive and my bank account literally dying, just by hearing the price. "This dress! Yes, do you like it??" She asked. "I kinda like it but it's too short? Should I wear leggings or high waist stockings??"

She let out a sigh. "Callie, show them off. You have long ass legs and I'm so freaking envy with yours. Your body is goals, girl. Trust me, all eyes will be on you. Come on, just today, okay??" She smiled. "Fine, I'm going to-

"It's on me."

"Thank you."

"Anything for cute sister."

As we get back to the condo, I saw Stef. He's not wearing suit but still, he sticks with smart casual style. I quickly put my bag up, to cover my face. "Stef!!" Stella shouted. She wave at them both.

"Who's this?" I know it's Stefan. "Oh, my friend." Stella chuckled. She tries to take the bag from me but, she stopped after I mouthed 'no!'. "A friend? Why is she like so shy? You never had a friend, that's being hella shy around me...."

"She's, she's not used with this style. I had a little makeover for her. Well, can she be your date today?? She's cute. Don't ya, my friend?" I glared at her. "Sure, but if he's not letting me see her face, then, how am I going to talk to her??"

"Stef, stand at where you're and, give your back. Once I say 'now' , you can spin around. Get it?"

"Oh okay. Why you're being secretive and mysterious today, sis?" I slowly put my bag down, as I'm holding it. I tap on his shoulder. "Oh hey-

"I'm not really Stella's friend. But, yea, Callie is here!" I said. I try to say something as fast as I can. "Callie? Is this even you? Stel, what you just did to her?!" I looked down, staring at the heels I'm wearing. Did he not like it? Does he thinks I just like other girls?

"She was wearing jeans and crop top. Today is valentine and I'm doing her a favour. She needs a little touch up. We both know she's still a beaut even if she's not wearing makeup. Brother, if you don't take this chance, you're missing out. I'm sure other guys would chase after her. I don't get it why you're still care bout your bitchy ex..."I study Stef's face. His eyebrows furrowed. He doesn't said anything.

"Stel, if he's got a date, then I better go then..."

"Stay. You're our friend. I won't let this outfit go to waste. You look bomb asf. Join us, kay? Stef, you're going with us?" Stella said. "Yes, sure." I look at Stefan. He's been quiet and I don't think he's  looking forward for today.
"I'll go with you two!" I said. "Callie, go with Stef."

"He just left?" I said. I don't why am I being sad. It's been years. Both of us already have our life and move on.

"Okay, get in the car." Stella said. During the car ride, I found myself staring at the streets. I hate being over thinker. It ruins everything. "Stella, can you drop me here?"

"Why? Don't you say, you have changed your mind??"