"Welp" I say.

"Oh come on! Spill!" She wines.

"You do realize we're werewolves right and he can hear us."  I look at her and mouth the word 'later' before doing some humping motions in the air and biting my lip. We both start giggling like schoolgirls.

"Okay, and I came over to see if you wanted to come help out with some work we're doing on the edge of pack borders. With all that's been going on, everyone wants to pitch in a help secure our borders better. We've been putting up markers and fences, cameras and stuff like that. I was headed there now"

"Yes, I'd love to. Let's go"

It's the least I could do considering it is because of me. I feel guilty that I've put them in this position because I selfishly wanted to be comfortable. If anything were to happen to any pack members because of me, I would be heart broken.

We arrive in the clearing were people are setting up various things. It is a hot summer day and the sun is beating down on us. Me and Sadie put some working gloves on and get started hell setting up a laser fence and traps. After a few hours I am sweating profusely. We have gotten a lot of work done though and I feel good about being apart of it.

A truck pulls up, holding what looks to be a tank of water on the back and a few men get out. They set up a table and start passing out cold water.

"Come get some cold water everyone! Stay hydrated! It's hot out here!" The men yell, encouraging everyone to quench their thirst.

Among the men, I lock eyes with the odd man I've ran into few times at the bar and in the kitchen. I get an uneasy feeling come over me as he picks up a cup of water and walks towards me. He gives me the heeby jeebies. He stops in from of me and passes me the cup of water. I look up at him while taking the cup.

"Drink up, Luna" he says, void of emotion, walks always back towards the truck that's already loading up.

"You good? What's with the look?" Sadie says beside me, noticing the look on my face.

"Sadie, who's that? The one who gave me the water" I question.

"He's a newer pack member, I think his name is Zac. Don't know much about him. Why?" Sadie says absentmindedly.

"He gives me a weird vibe, I don't know"

I watch them load up and keep my eyes on Zac. I watch him walk over to a group of wolves where I see him tap Holly on her shoulder. They walk from the group. They are talking extremely low making it hard to hear them over all the other noise out here. All I picked up was a few words sounding like there's trying to figure out dates and times for things. I wonder what they have in common to talk about. Those two don't seem like they'd be friends.

"You Ready Nick? Let's finish up and get out this heat!" Sadie says, breaking me from my stares.

"Let's get to it" I say.

We head back and continue working for the next few hours until the sun goes down. I head to go shower and throw on some sweats to go downstairs to have dinner with the pack. Walking out the bathroom I see Maverick standing in the room, shirtles. His abs on display, his pants unbuttoned. He's perfect.

"Hey" I said looking up him feeling a bit shy for some reason when he eyes gaze over me wrapped up in the towel, fresh from my shower.

You think the more time would pass the more comfortable I would get around him, but as I have started to get to know him more I can't help to start to fall for the man he is. At first he was just my serious alpha mate, I see now he is this complex man with never ending layers. I just hope when he looks at me, he sees more than a sixteen year old.

"Come here" he stands waiting for me. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his torso.

"I feel like I haven't seen you for days" i murmur into his chest.

"You saw me this morning" he laughs.

"It felt like an eternity"

He grabs my chin so that I look up at him and he presses a sweet kiss to my lips.

"I feel really lucky to have you. I thought I was never going to find my mate. I'm sorry I freaked out over your age. I don't even know why I did. I waited so long for my mate, I wouldn't have cared if you were a man." He says. I smile up at him and laugh. He ponders for a moment.

"Okay, maybe I would've cared a little" he laughs.

"I'm happy I found you, I had no one. You saved me." I get on my tippy toes to press a kiss to his lips.

"I want you all to myself for a while. You wanna have dinner sent up here?" Maverick says.

"Sadie said it was taco night and no one misses taco night." I laugh. "Plus, I wanna praise everyone on the work we got done today. I feel guilty. It's my fault they are all being put to work so hard."

"You are the Luna, they feel a bond with you. They want to protect you as much as I do."

"How can they if you haven't marked me yet?"

Maverick stiffens and his eyes immediately shift to black and his canines lengthen. He leans into me breathing my scent, trying to gain control back. Once he is calm, although his eyes still dark he looks back at me.

"Nick, it's best we don't bring that up until you're ready. I've been holding my wolf back, it's a huge reason why you didn't see me a lot the first few days you were here. My teeth are aching to bite you."

"Oh" I say, looking down blushing and feeling a heat rush in between my thighs.

"I didn't want to overwhelm you during your first time." He states.

"Tonight" I say sure as ever. I need to be one with Maverick and our pack. I want to be claimed by him. I don't care if we're moving fast. His eyes turn obsidian at my response. He steps forward causing me to back up until my back hits the wall. My breathing starts to pick up.

"Nick" he wraps his hand in my hair and gently pulls my head to the side, exposing my neck. He pressed his hips into mine. "Don't play with me, are you sure?"

"Yes," I breathe out "I'm yours Maverick" my blood is pumping at the thought of his teeth sinking into my neck. His canines are exposed and he begins to glide his teeth across the place he will place his mark.

"Baby, my teeth are aching so bad wanting to claim you" he groans. "And I will, tonight." He places hot open my kisses on my neck while continuing to press his hard member into my hips. "Hmmmm, I want to be fully inside you making you cum for me while I mark what's mine, I've waited this long, I can wait a couple more hours"

We are both panting with excitement when we pull apart. I look down blushing barely able to look him in the eye.

———————————————————

Hmm, I feel like on my next book I need to build up the characters and romance better. I hope their progression doesn't seem so rushed it isn't enjoyable to read. But hey, it's only my first book.

Saved By My AlphaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara