Sleeping together pt2

Blinking her eyes slowly awake Helena hummed contently at the warmth she was feeling around her body. Turning around and closing her arms around the warmth of the body holding her Helena smiled before her eyes shot open. As she looked up she saw Johnny smirking down at her making her eyes widen.

Jumping up from the bed in surprise Helena watched as he laughed and shook his head. "Did we sleep together!" She asked nervously as he rubbed his eyes.

"No just cuddled" his voice was hoarse and very calm which annoyed her just why was he so calm!

"What makes you think you can hold me?"

"Hellie you wouldn't let me pull my arm away last night you wanted me close so I stayed..." the smugness on his face was testing her. This is exactly why she was worried about him sleeping beside her. After their breakup there had been many mornings when she woke up to herself cuddling a pillow as if it were him. Since their split she had felt very lonely at night, she had a sneaking suspicion that she could end up in his arms again when he joined her in bed last night.

Sitting up in the bed Johnny could see she was lost in her thoughts her frown was deep on her forehead and her eyes flicking from left to right as if trying to work something out.

"What's wrong?" he asked drawing her from her thoughts, her eyes landing back on his face.

"I think you should leave" her eyes still looked far off as if she was worried about something.

With a moments silence placing between them Johnny ran a hand down his tired face "Very well"  he gruffly replied pulled the covers to one side and placing his shirt over his head before pulling himself up onto his feet still wearing the trousers he was wearing to the SAG awards.

"Can I ask you something?" He turned to her.

Helena frowned as he made his way over slowly whilst buttoning up his shirt. He looked sad, extremely sad and for that she felt a twinge of pain towards him looking so sullen.

"Did you love him?" He whispered watching her face contort into one of confusion. Suddenly heart was racing..

"Who?"

"Warren" As soon as he mentioned that his name Johnny watched as Helena dropped her head almost ashamed.

Warren was a close friend of hers. A dear friend that had been in her life since they were just kids. Warren had been her shoulder to cry on when things were beginning to turn sour in her relationship with Johnny. He had been a wonderful friend and someone she had trusted and cared for. Yet one evening when they had gone out to dinner with each other warren had declared his love for her and kissed her. She had returned the kiss at the time her feelings mixed. Johnny and her had been so rocky leading her to kiss Warren back. However, as soon as the kiss was over Helena was quick to realise how wrong it had been and how much she still loved Johnny.

"I saw you kiss him that night" Johnny added softly his heart breaking all over again. He remembered how he felt standing there in the distance on the cold walkway watching across the street as Helena kissed another man outside a posh restaurant in London. He wanted to storm over there and punch that bastard right in the face. He wanted to scream at Helena for being so stupid for kissing him back. Yet he had stood there shivering in his coat on that cold winter evening with nothing but pain in his eyes and what felt like a knife plunged through his heart.

Looking at him now Helena could see the pain in his eyes. She had no idea Johnny had known about her and Warren, now she was the one feeling guilty for lying to him. "Is that why you left for America?" She asked tears brimming in her eyes with guilt. Maybe if he had never seen her kiss Warren he may never had got so drunk and ended up sleeping with some random woman.