I held my breath as he got closer, closer until I could feel his body heat. A shudder went through me. His eyes had dilated until they were as dark as mine. "This is what you're gonna do," he said, speaking in a deadly tone I didn't even know he possessed. A bead of sweat ran down his nose. "You're going to get me out of this place. You're going to give me the keys to your car, and I'm going to drive to an airport. Then I'm going to get the fuck out of here, and you will never come within 100 feet from me or Jess again. Did you understand?"

My body was burning to the point where I could hear my blood sing inside my ears. So. That was how he was going to play, was it? Good. I've always loved a challenge.

He didn't realise yet that there was no way in hell he could escape. But he would come to terms with it soon. The raging beast inside him would eventually see that there was no life left for him in America, and that his life was with me. Him and I were meant to be together. He would see that. He would love me just as I loved him.

Malice and greed and lust and frenzy, all jumbled in one, electrified me to the bone. Never had I been this stimulated in my life. I needed him. Yet I needed to hit him. I need to yell and scream and laugh and throw him down on the bed and have my way with him until he forgets his name and her name and every other name in existence.

He was still prey. Expect now, he was prey that liked to fight back.

"Silly, silly boy. Your Jessabel is dead," I whispered the final blow into the shell of his ear. The last obstacle that separated us from ever being together, like we both so wanted.

His eyes widened impossibly, watching me as closely as I was watching him. Tension cackled between us, so thick and so heavy that I wanted to jump his bones right then and there. He grinded his teeth together, looking as if he had called my bluff. "Bullshit."

"Don't believe me?" I grinned wickedly. "You don't want to believe that I choked the life out of her, and killed that abomination inside her? You don't wanna hear how her veins popped and her head smashed open-"

I saw it coming. With an enraged scream that sent my spine tingling, he balled his fist together and aimed a punch that would have landed right on my left eye.

But I was too fast.

I grabbed the little remote in my pocket, and pressed the button down hard. With a harsh jerk, Nathan's body erupted into spasms. Pain contorted his lovely features as he screamed, collapsing under his weight. The band around his wrist was merciless, and the spasms surged on and on until I let go of the remote.

Calmly, with all the composure in the world, I pulled his weak body onto the bed and watched as his eyes blinked furiously, still rolled into the back of his head. The spasms continued long after the initial shocks, and I hugged him close to me, burying my face in his chest. When he wouldn't respond, I wiped as much of the blood off of his knuckles as I could, kissing them softly as I went. Next I kissed his twitching eyelids, his cheeks, and his mouth.

I had to do it. I had to push the button. He left me no choice.

Patience, a voice whispered into my ear. Yes, my patience would be tested now more than ever. It seems that it might take longer than I thought it would, but Nathan would eventually forget. He would forget about that bitch, and fall in love with me. Our little fight had just proven that.

He wasn't weak at all. Nathan wasn't submissive and complaint. He was my equal in every way, eager to match me strength by strength. And my obsession with him grew.

He also had a heart of pure gold, but that wouldn't do here. Hearts meant nothing to me. And when the fortnight was over, it would mean nothing to him either. Nathan would no longer have a heart.