14: Her Words Hurt

Start from the beginning

"Hmm, fine. Do whatever you want. I won't disturb you anymore. I got work to do too. Bye, Mr Jeon.", she responded with a cold voice with me. I felt sorry about it but I really did not care actually. My heart is still hurt with my appa so I want to go rebel for some time. But, my rebellion is not that bad. I just do not go to work in the office and come to the bakery instead. I am still working, just at different place and different tasks to do.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I was busy decorating the cakes in the kitchen when I heard Jungkook's voice greeting us at the door. "Jungkook? What are you doing here?", that was the first thing that came out of my mouth when the others replied his good morning greeting to us.

"Working.", he said as he put on his apron.

"Working...at the wrong place. It's Monday, Jungkook. You're supposed to be at your company, J Corp.", I reminded him in case he forgot.

"Correction. Not my company, it's my appa's company.", he said before he went back to the front. I turned to look at him but it was too late. He already left the kitchen making me curious if he is still not okay with his father until now. I do not want him to be here if that is the reason. He should not be rebellious like this to his father.

❤❤❤

At 7 pm..

I was on my way to the bus stop when Jungkook called my name and chased me. I widen my eyes because I thought he had already went home since I last saw him put his apron an hour ago. Looking at him coming closer to me made me asking him why he is still around.

"I wanted to ask you to have dinner with me, Chaeyoung.", he casually said to me. "Sorry?", I asked him as I felt uncomfortable with his reply. I mean...why he suddenly said something like that? It did not sound like a question but more like an order.

"I'd like to have dinner with you..."

"I'm sorry but I can't.", I cut him off as I briefly glanced at my wristwatch.

"It's my eomma's birthday. She wanted me to have dinner with her and bring you along. She said she misses you, her favourite staff.", Jungkook said making me to face him with my serious look.

I checked the date on my phone and realized that it was really Mrs Lee's birthday today. I remembered she came to the bakery for her birthday last year. Even though it was her birthday and we as the staff should surprise her, she did the surprise for us. She came and baked a cake for herself before telling us that it was her birthday.

I was so embarrassed for not knowing it much earlier but she said it was okay. She did not like to reveal about it but she wanted to celebrate it with us. Maybe we were special to her, just like how Jungkook said. 'Her favourite staff'. But it cannot be just me, right?

"Chaeyoung?", I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw Jungkook waving his hand in front of my face.

"I'll send you back to your house after the dinner, okay?", he said as he took out his car key. "Wait, just me? What about the others?", I said as I pointed to the bakery reminding him of the others at the bakery.

"Just you, me and my eomma. The three of us, my eomma booked for three only.", he said while brushing the back of his hair and smiled. "You're coming, right?", he asked.

I looked at the bus that just arrived at the bus stop before looked back at him. "Okay, it's your mom's...my boss' birthday so why not.", I finally agreed and he clapped to it before leading me to his car.

❤❤❤

Jeon Jungkook's POV

I said my name to the staff and he led both of us to our table but I did not see my mom there.