The woman's narrowed eyes widened in recognition. "Oh, my god. Lloyd. Lloyd Garmadon. I should've seen this coming a mile away."

  She shut the door behind her with a frustrated grunt. Lloyd didn't know whether to disappear yet or not, but his heart had already sunk. She definitely knew who he was.

  Y/n's mother looked at him as she walked up the drive, lugging a heavy bag. "Oh, wipe that sad look off your face, kid. Hold this."

  Lloyd, now confused even more, held his hands out obediently for Y/n's mother to drop her bag into. He barely felt the weight. She fished through the bag's contents and pulled out a house key.

  "I had a weird dream a few months back, you know," the woman said, and Lloyd really wanted to know what the hell was going on, because he was very much confused. Her eyes shot to him, only a few inches shorter. He was still terrified of her. "From your grandfather."

  Lloyd's eyes widened as she took the bag again with a grunt and made her way towards the door. He stared, still with shock, before quickly following.

  "What?" he said. "My grandfather?"

  "Yep," she muttered, sticking the key into the lock of the front door. She looked back to Lloyd. "She doesn't know why we moved back. You can't tell her, though. Not yet. I shouldn't even be talking to you about this."

  Lloyd shook his head in steep bewilderment. "About what? What did my grandfather say?"

  "I can't say," she said. "Some kind of fate thing. It's already been fucked up before, though, and I'm not about to be the reason it gets fucked up again."

  Lloyd's brow was knitted with deep confusion. "How much about me do you know?"

  "I know enough." Y/n's mother sighed. "Look, I get everything to do with... you is inevitable, but... just take care of my baby girl, alright?" She shifted her weight with discomfort. "I kept her safe and sane this long, god only knows how I did it."

  Lloyd was well and truly lost. "I don't understand."

  "Trust me, kiddo," she said with a sympathetic frown. "If I could tell you more, I would. But we both know better than to mess with the First Spinjitzu Master's plans."

  Lloyd looked to the wall, where he could hear Y/n moving about the house. A million new questions flooded through his head. Maybe this had something to do with that tugging sensation he always got around her, and how his sense of logic always went fuzzy.

  Y/n's mother turned back to the door and unlocked it. "Go home, Lloyd."

  "Wait." Lloyd needed to know. "Am... am I still allowed to..?" He didn't know what to say. Date? See? Be friends with?

  Y/n's mother turned around to him. "Are you a dickhead?"

  Lloyd blinked. "No. I- I don't think so, at least."

  "Are you going to break her heart?"

  That was easier to answer. "No."

  "Good enough for me," Y/n's mother said.

  Lloyd watched her disappear into the house. He heard her greet her daughter and Y/n's call in reply and, for the second time that evening, he was left staring at the door in shock. Things, as it always did with him, just got a lot more complicated.