Epilogue

Erika

The tears were there, they were definitely there. One after another rolled down my cheek as I looked at the page.

'Will you run away with me?' I read over and over and over.

I never realized it, but me falling in love with Jack caused more bad then good I was fully convinced that he didn't deserve Brianna, that she was only going to hurt him in the end. But it turns out that he ended up hurting her. And now as I stand here, no matter how much I said I wanted this to happen, now at this very moment, I didn't.

I saw her face if even possible soften. I saw her eyes fill with remorse and look at me and do a slight nod.

"I....I don't know. I can't do that to these people. They don't deserve it." I whispered. "I can't. I'm sorry." I said. I stretched my hand out to give him back the paper but he never took it. Instead I felt a soft hand wrap my hands back around it and hold my hands.

"Don't you dare leave this man hanging when he ditched his soon to be wife at his wedding for you." She whispered. I looked up and into Brianna's eyes. They, like mine were watering and her hands held onto mine tightly.

"I've done so much to Jack. He really doesn't deserve me. And I've mistreated him and cheated on him. The least you can do is make him happy because I couldn't." She was choking on her words by the end and hugging me. She pulled back and took the ring off of her finger and handed it to me. "I never ever ever meant for any of this to happen." She whispered.

She tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and it reminded me of my mom. The way she used to stroke my cheek and tuck a piece of stray hair behind my ear. It managed to make me happy every time she did it because when she looked into my eyes I could see my reflection and her smile. "You know why I'm smiling?" She would ask. "Because I'm looking at you." She would answer and kiss my forehead. "I'm looking at the most beautiful little girl ever."

More tears filled my eyes and I hugged her. "Please do this, not only for me, but for Payton, she deserves a daddy." She smiled at me squeezed my shoulders.

"What happened to the bitch Brianna?" I asked. She laughed and smiled. "She saw what love is really supposed to look like and wants the person who deserves it the most to have it."

I hugged her tight and smiled. Not at all did I expect a turn out where she encouraged me to run away with the man she was about to marry. Never would I even expect to be asked. It was a wedding. A ceremony between two people who love each other and are willing to be faithful to each other for the rest of their lives.

I wasn't supposed to run away with Jack, I was supposed to support him in his marriage, not destroy it.

I looked at Brianna and smiled. "Thank you." I whispered. She took a step back and nodded. Jack took a step towards me and looked down at me.

"Hey Peter." I teased and poked his nose. He smiled and held my hands. "Hi Wendy." He whispered.

"You know.." I started. "I would love to run away with you." I said.

The smile on his face was not only contagious to appear on my face, but as well as Alex, and Zach and Rian. But those were his friends, all around the sanctuary I saw smiles from people I haven't even met.

"KISS HIM ALREADY!" I heard and looked at the same man that had checked on me in my car. I mouthed a 'thank you' to him and smiled.

Jack leaned down and pressed his lips to mine and smiled. The same spark was there and the same feeling of love was present.

"Well...what do you say Wendy." He said as held me. "I say we run away." I whispered. I grabbed Payton's hand and Jack's and started walking. There was thunderous applause and whistles as we walked out. We stood outside and it was like we walked out new and ready.