Broomsticks and Butterbeer

The last flying lesson before the holiday break was filled with torrential snowfall. Snow so thick Albus could barely see past the tip of the schools Nimbus 2000 broom,
"Scor?" Albus yelled in to the frozen air, looking around but he didn't see anyone. The strong breeze had blown him away from the class. "Professor?" he hollered into the howling wind, Albus made out a few voices being carried in the roaring gust, frightened he gripped the broom handle so tight his knuckles cracked, this was the highest he'd ever been and in the worst conditions he'd ever flown. A faint "Allll..buuuuussss" whipped around him as he was spun farther out, Albus saw the peak of trees, he was going to crash in the Forbidden Forest in a matter of moments. Albus knew he could use Arresto Momentum to stop his fall but he was unsure how well it'd work with his current state of mind. He managed to tilt the broom down enough he began spiraling towards the ground.
Professor Krum pointed his wand at Albus as he hurled towards the ground, "Arresto Momentum" Albus's broom sprang to a halt jolting Albus off. "You okay Potter?" Professor Krum asked using a heating charm to melt the snow around him. "whiplashed.. Other than that fine," he said forcing a smile to trying not to show his fear and physical pain from being tossed around almost 100 feet in the air. Professor Krum clasped his hand on Albus's back and laughed,
"lets get you inside and warmed up." Krum led Albus to the great hall where from the looks of it he'd not been the only one blown away. The Slytherin and Gryffindors had mugs of butterbeer, pumpkin juice and coco to warm them up. Alice Longbottom joined the boys at the end of the table. She sat next to Scorpius and began trying to tame her hair. The boys laughed watching Alice attempting to flatten the corkscrew curls,

"The curls are getting bigger..." Scorpius said trying to not offend her.

"They just..they wont stay down and flying in the arctic tundra snow didn't help." Alice sounded irritated.

"just leave it" Albus said, "now you have a lion's mane to match your house" Scorpius and Albus roared with laughter causing Alice to glare, "oye! Don't make fun of me you little gits" she pulled her hair back in to a matted bun 'this will have to do until I can do something with you' she seemed to be mumbling to her hair. Scorpius chugged a rather large mug of warm Butterbeer, "girls are mental" he whispered to Albus who knew by the intense glare they were getting from Alice it was best not to answer. Taking Scopius's lead he gulped his hot coco down.

The great hall doors open and a tall slender man with tousled chestnut-brown hair glided towards Professor Kum, snow chipping off of his robes as he got closer,

"KRUM!!" the man yelled, Professor Krum turned away from the group of Gryffindor boys he was speaking with to see an irate Professor Longbottom inches from his face, "what in Merlin's HELL were you thinking taking the kids flying in this weather?"

Alice slunk down in her seat mortified at the scene her father was causing. Calmly Professor Krum replied, "doing my job and teaching the lot to fly."

"in this weather?" Longbottom shouted

"How else will they learn to fly in snow?" Krum asked, narrowing his dark eyes on to Longbottom's

"Never, there is no need to fly in this blasted weather."

"You have your opinions and I have mine, but the simple fact is Longbottom that the children need to learn" Krum sounded a little offended.

"Not my daughter" "Alice- let's go" Professor Longbottom shouted past Krum to Alice.

Alice let out a long exasperating groan of embarrassment and buried her head in her hands.

Krum brought himself to his full height, "Listen here Longbottom, Ive gotten clearance from the McGonagall to teach in this weather. I am highly skilled to teach flying... remember I WAS the world's YOUNGEST professional Quiddtich Player and in Bulgaria we learned how to fly in this weather all year around.

"This.Is.Not.Bulgaria." Longbottom said sternly.

"Professor, how would you like it if I came to your class and began telling you what you could and could not do?"

"That is different."

"it is not. You are teaching preparing them for now and the future, just as I am. I am showing them how to fly in any weather condition so when a few play Quidditch next year they can safely control their brooms in any weather. I am showing them how escape life threatening situations .. I am showing them how to travel and if you have another outburst we can take this to the Headmistress."

Neville groaned and said, "you're just lucky no one got hurt THIS TIME" and he turned to walk away.

"Professor.." Krum said quietly. Neville turned again, "this saves me coming by your office later but you have an exceptionally skilled flyer on your hands and you should be proud, shed made an amazing seeker"

Alice's cheeks flushed crimson. She was excited to hear someone validate her flying abilities and embarrassed by her fathers justified outburst.

"well.. "Neville stammered, "that's great to hear" he turned around and left the great hall, grinning with happiness for Alice.

Professor Krum let class out early for students to pack before leaving for the train the following morning. "I didn't realize you were that skilled at flying" Scorpius said as they left the great hall together.

"Shes WICKED talented!" Albus encouraged. "when we were kids she would give my father a run for his money at one on one races" Alice blushed.

"have you considered going out for the House team next year?" Scorpius asked

"No, McGillen is only a 4th year and he's pretty good..."

"so?" both Albus and Scorpius said

"Try outs are fair game" Albus pointed out.

"that's ages away..No need to be concerned now." Alice said in a tone hinting to drop the subject.

The three said their good byes and headed in opposite directions to finish packing for the Holiday Break.