The conflicting feelings of Harry Potter

A light fog fell upon the clearing in the forest behind 1230 N. Godrics Hallow. Harry paced back and forward frantically, causing the dewy grass in his path to bend beneath the stomping of his feet. With one hand Harry ruffled his hair and twirled his wand with the other, he couldn't believe it had happened. His own son, Albus Severus Potter- a Slytherin. He knew this was a possibility as Albus possessed a handful of Slytherin attributes.
     Harry heard a loud pop at the edge of the clearing,  Hermione strode forward gripping a wrinkled, ink blotted piece of parchment in her hand. "Come alone did you?" Harry said as she took her hood off and looked up at Harry smirking. "Ron sends his best and says it'll be alright" Hermione's eyes darted away at this statement. "Hermione, you could never lie... You told him to stay because he would make the situation worse," Harry placed his hand on his best friend's shoulder and looked down attempting to grin. "Seriously Harry, you and Ron act like it's the worst thing to ever happen! Albus will do just fine and you've known ...-" Harry abruptly interrupted, " yes, Hermione, I knew there was about a 90% he'd be sorted into Slytherin.."
"You told him it was okay!" Hermione snapped back matching his tone.
"Slytherins are NOT bad people, Harry" her tone softened and she squeezed Harry's arm in comfort. "Albus possesses all the positive attributes, he's ambitious, focused, realistic, cunning .. he's a natural-born leader... Harry-he's .. he's so much like you."
Harry grinned, she wasn't wrong and this had been the same thing Ginny told him when they received his owl. "But I chose Gryffindor," Harry almost sounded ashamed. Light crept from the back of the house and Ginny stuck her head out, her red hair blowing in the light breeze, "you lot want to come in and sort this out?"  Her tone was soft but stern. Hermione grabbed Harry and pulled him towards the door.
    The Potter house was brightly lit with cream-colored walls, a ceiling of twinkling fairy lights, cherry wood floors and always seemed to have the lingering smell of lavender and cedarwood. Ginny motioned for Hermione and Harry to join her at the dining table. "I hope she's talked some sense into you" Ginny glared at Harry as he apprehensively sat next to her. Hermione gave Ginny a sideways smile letting her know she was getting there.
"Ginny" Harry started but Ginny cut him off, "You listen to me Harry James Potter, he is our son and you will not behave as if he is not!" Ginny was now standing and shaking her pointer finger in his face. This action, which was usually reserved strictly for their kids and had a strong resemblance to her mother Molly Weasley was now being used on him. Harry felt like he was a kid again being scolded for wrongdoing.
     Harry reached out and grabbed Ginny's hand, "Ginny, you're right, Hermione's right, he is my son. He allowed the Sorting Hat to choose for him, he didn't beg to be in Gryffindor like me, he accepted his fate and will excel beyond my wildest expectations; which are ridiculously high as I might add." Ginny and Hermione beamed. Ginny had sat back down in the midst of her husband's speech. "Harry, I know you are scared and you are masking it with anger but you let him know it was okay to be in Slytherin. After the war we made a promise, all of us,  including Draco Malfoy for Merlin's sakes, promised we would raise our families with the idea they could be in whichever house they wanted or chose them. You are not a coward for asking to be placed in Gryffindor as you just alluded to. But you will not go back on your word. Albus is a Slytherin. End of story" Ginny leaned in and placed her forehead against Harry's, " let him know you're proud of him"
     Hermione waved her wand and ink, parchment and a quill materialized in front of him. Ginny looked at Hermione and glanced towards the living room. The two witches got up and left Harry to ponder his thoughts.
     "Albus,
Your mum and I are so proud of you! Slytherin needed a Potter to keep it on its toes. Remember, you are named after two headmasters and professors of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was one of the bravest men I ever knew. You will excel in Slytherin, make it your own.
Love,
Mum and dad."
Harry grinned as he folded the parchment and summoned Al's Snowy owl, Moody. He tied the letter and small bag of treats Ginny had made and sent the owl on its way

** Please let me know what you think!!