Chapter ø7

- November 8th, 2011

I stepped into the school automatically feeling a weight on my heart. I sighed walking past my previous love. She was once again liplocked with Chresanto. 

Whatever. I walked past Ivy's locker feeling the note in my back pocket. I took a deep breath before approaching her. "Ivy, May I please talk to you?", I asked her. 

"I don't want to talk to you", She spoke slamming her locker closed. "Then just listen to me... Please?", I pleaded making her face me. She looked at her friends who were waiting for her to walk with them. 

"Whatever you have to say... You can say infront of my friends", She stood tall preparing herself for what I had to say. 

I took my note out my back pocket, and began to read the note I had written overnight. 

"I couldn't sleep last night, Ivy.

You were the only one on my mind.

I spend my life daydreaming about you.

Especially, on my off time".

I started reading glancing up at her every few lines. She gazed in my eyes before looking down twiddling her fingers and tapping her foot.

"You're slowly beginning to become my everything.

And when everything's icey and freezing, you'll always be my spring.

More of my summer. Because, with you, life becomes funner....

Everything becomes cozier and you make me feel comfortable.

I never want to lose you because, after all, you are irresistible.

Please forgive me, Ivy. I promise I'll never break your heart again. 

You mean the world to me... Not just because you're my girlfriend... But you're my best friend".

I looked up at her. She was looking down still twiddling her fingers and tapping her foot. "Look, Ivy... I know I messed up, but---". Her eyes shot up at me stopping my sentence. She had tears in her eyes and they were rolling off her milk chocolate face. 

"Just kiss me already", She said quietly. I wrapped my arms around her waist as her friends smiled. "Aww", They gushed. I kissed Ivy's lips softly as she stood on her tiptoes. 

We rocked side to side while hugging making my heart race. She intertwined our fingers as I began walking her to class. 

She wiped her tears and giggled a bit. 

"You're so perfect to me, Ivy", I told her making her blush. "Aye, Freak", I heard a voice call from behind us. We continued walking ignoring the voice knowing exactly who it was. 

"You know you hear me", They grabbed me by the back of my shirt and pulled me from Ivy. "What, Chresanto?", I asked very irritated with the fact that he interrupted Ivy and I's limited time together. 

"Watch your tone, Jakey", He smirked before going in Ivy's face once again. "Hey, Baby", He smiled at her. She mean mugged him before grabbing my hand again and pulling me along with her. "Hol' up, Ma", He tore our hands away from each other and took her by the waist.

That made my anger shoot up automatically. "Get your hands off of her", I spoke firmly shoving him back. "Who the fuck do you think you are?", He gave off an attitude. "Jacob Motherfucking Perez", I sized him up clenching my fists. 

"Don't start shit that you know you can not finish", He glared in my eyes. Ivy pushed herself between us placing her petite hands on each of our chests. "Stop", She quietly spoke before looking up into my eyes. "It's okay, Jake.... Come on", She took my hand in hers and pulled me into a janitor's closet. 

"I just don't like the way he's always in your face and always touchy-feely with you", I furrowed my eyebrows. "You don't have to worry about him", She half smiled touching my chin making me turn a bit red. "I just don't want the only person who's ever cared for me to be taken from me", I confessed. "He's not going to take me from you. I promise.... Why are you so worried?", She asked. 

I opened my mouth to speak, but was stopped by the bell. "I'll see you later, Jake", She kissed my cheek before leaving closing the door behind her. 

I sighed resting my forehead against the door. "Because I Love You", I finally spoke my held thought.