Chapter ø6

- November 7th, 2011. Late into the school day.

I awakened with no shirt  on. I had bruises on my sides and a bruise on my bottom lip. I groaned sitting up. Ivy was standing by my side running her fingers through my afro. "Are you okay?", She asked. "Yeah... Just a little sore", I gave her a weak smile. "Who did this to you?", She asked. I shook my head. "I don't remember", I answered. 

I don't want her worrying. I don't want her going ballistic. I don't want to get jumped again.

"I'm just glad you're okay, Jacob", She touched my cheek with a slight smile. I took her hand into mine and placed it over my racing heart. She blushed gazing into my eyes. "Do you think you'll be okay to make it through the rest of the day?", She asked. "Yeah, I'll be fine", I slowly sat up trying not to wince in pain. That's when I realized my leg was hurting too. Ivy wrapped her arms around my torso as lightly as she could and helped me with my balance. 

"Thanks", I smiled slightly looking down onto her making her blush. She gave me my shirt and assisted me with putting on my shirt. Actually, she did whatever she could to feel my abs. I smirked at her making her blush and avoid eye contact. 

"It's okay. You can feel 'em, Mami", I took her hands into mine and ran her hands onto my abs. She stared at my abs in awe before looking up into my eyes. I pulled her body to mine, and kissed her lips. 

I don't know what's gotten into me, but ever since I stood my ground, I feel fucking invincible. She pulled back blushing really hard. "I really like you, Ivy", I confessed. "I really like you too, Jacob", She smiled. 

"You make me feel like I'm worth something", I admitted gazing deeply into her eyes. I was serious... dead serious... when I said that. "That's because society is too dumb to realize that you  are worth something... but I'm not society", She smiled. 

She slipped her hand from mine putting on her back pack and grabbing my books. "You got it?", I asked. "Yeah, I'm good", She assured me. She kept me balanced and held my books as we walked. It was, apparently, time for lunch.

Once we were in the cafeteria... All eyes were on us especially Chresanto's. He glared at me making me nervous. "You okay?", Ivy asked. "Yeah, I'm fine", I gave her a smile.  I looked at Chresanto who was looking Ivy up and down and biting his lip at her. 

I could tell my love was getting jealous because all his attention was on Ivy. If she was mine, I'd never make her feel insecure or have her jealous... but she broke my heart for an asshole, so I could care less. 

Ivy and I sat down at a table and just talked eating some snacks that she already had. Everything was fine until Chresanto sat next to Ivy across the table from me. "Wassup, Ma", He greeted her. She rolled her eyes putting on her backpack. "C'mon, Jake", She spoke standing. "Hol' up. Slow your roll, Ma. I'm sure Jake doesn't mind. Do you, Jakey?", He smiled. "Nah, I'm good", I held back my animosity. "So... Uh, How about me and you get together after school?", He touched Ivy's cheek making her slap his hand away. "How about you get together with a magazine like you do every night, Chres", She gave an attitude.