blood of the convent is thicker than the water in the womb

Start from the beginning

Sincerely,
Sirius Black

Wendy was quite honoured to have Sirius Black's trust. Harry was the last beam of hope for everyone, but especially for Sirius, and to have him have to put his trust on someone like her was a wonderful miracle. Wendy would never let him down.

"What else does he say?" Harry asked, rightly wanting to know more of his godfather.

"He's doing good, and he thinks about you," she paused before deciding to put, "all the time."

It was true, he did think of his godchild all the time and she was pretty sure everything he was doing presently was to keep him safe and be together one day. But didn't want to worry him by telling him what Sirius asked of her if Sirius wanted Harry to know, he would have told him.

She pet Noir once again before it flew away to go to the owerly with the other owls. Wendy put her letter in her pocket, finally receiving one for the first time. She was so happy she had to tell Michael.

Wendy searched for him and found him walking in the halls with Cedric. She didn't want to disturb them but she really couldn't wait, with a deciding step she jumped in front of them.

"Mickey! You'll never guess what," she dared.

Michael, knowing his sister quite well, knew the only option was to play along, "Dumbledore did a flip after drinking fire whiskey in front of professor Sprout?"

Cedric chuckled giving his friend a look, where did that come from?

Wendy laughed, "No!"

"What then?" He fake gave up the impossible game.

She brought out her letter, "it's from," she whispered, "Sirius!"

The boy was surprised, he got the letter and opened it, "no way! This is his handwriting?!"

Wendy nodded energetically, "I think so... and there's a second page, I saw your name—it's for you!"

Cedric watched the girl's excitement and couldn't contain his smile. The little curls on top of her forehead were dancing as she jumped up and down, and the cheeks were as flushed as the time they were dancing in the Three Broomsticks. A little sparkle of joy in the little brown eyes, made his, sparkle too.

"Dear Michael," Michael read out loud, "You're new in the gang, so I am happy to welcome you in our little family. I've just returned from a really bad place and there's a lot to catch up on, I'm sure you can imagine. One thing would be you and your sister," he paused and glanced at Wendy who motioned him to continue. "I'm writing to you because I'm aware that you weren't here until the start of this school year, but I want you to know that," he paused again, a long sigh left his mouth as he continued reading with his eyes.

"That what?!" She asked impatiently.

"That even if your parents are not around, it doesn't mean that you're alone. For anything you need, you can come to me—This is my gift of thanks to you," he paused one last time, "Sincerely, Sirius Black."

Wendy had to think about Sirius's life. He always had both parents and his brother but disagreements tore them apart and Sirius was left with James, Peter, and Remus. He knew the importance of family and possibly the family outside blood bonds, he wasn't going to let anyone else feel alone just because they were alone in the world; just like his best friends did for him.

Wendy looked at Michael, even if she did feel overwhelmed by the amount of support by her favourite character, Michael seemed to be tearing up already, "what are you crying about?"

"I'm not crying, dumbass, you're crying," he hid his sniffle.

Wendy chuckled, she knew how much he missed their parents. She missed them too, but all this for him was still new. It is a much fresher wound for him than it is for her, and as much as she didn't want him to suffer as he was at that moment, she couldn't help herself but feel selfish and happy that she wasn't alone anymore in that strange world. That at least, she had her brother with her.

Notes;
hello, this is another kind of a filler chapter, but it is needed. Before the Yule ball I kinda need some motivation for Wendy to do what she needs to do and I think there's no one better than Sirius to do it. Sirius is supposedly her favourite character. And who's better than your favourite to motivate you?