"Double date" Part 1

'Come what sorrow can, It cannot countervail the exchange of joy, That one short minute gives me in her sight'
(Romeo & Juliet - Act 2, Scene 6)

[Human au]
(The idea of double date is from BranchieandPops. Thank you🙏)

"Okay class!" a shout could be heard as students quickly went back to their seats and took out their school supplies that they needed. A woman who looks to be in her early 30s came in and stood in front of the white board.

"Good morning everyone!" She smiles cheerfully. "Good morning Ms. Husband." Students greeted her as she wrote something on the board which to be 'Romeo and Juliet, Revising lesson'. A groan could be heard from most of the students.

The teacher continued "As you know it's a few months till GCSE exam and you all need to start revising already but for some people who struggling, don't worry because for the whole week you will be doing a group project and help each other revise on this topic since it's the topic that students finds the hardest." A bunch of hands raises up.

She pointed her finger to the students, signaling her to ask her question. "Yes Lilly?" "Can we choose our own group?" Ms. Husband laughed "No. I already choose your groups, there will be five groups and each are a group of four. For the project, you will have to summarise Romeo and Juliet-"

Meanwhile a girl with bright pink hair was whispering to her best friend, who sat right next to her. "I hope we're working together!" She whisper-shouted.

"Anyways, here are your groups: Group one, Poppy Kendrick, Smidge Dohrn, Milton Moss and Branch Timberlake. Group two-"

"Oh my cupcakes!! Did you heard that, Branch? We're in the same group and also with Smidge and Milton!" The girl shouted excitedly while shaking Branch's arm. The teacher continued with her group lists.

"Whoa, whoa. Calm down, Poppy! Yeah I did heard that. I mean.. I'm not deaf." Poppy stops as she looked at the back of the class and wave at Smidge who sat there with their other friend, Biggie." The teacher laugh out loud when she heard Poppy's shouts. "Oh Poppy. I'm glad that you're one of the students who actually like the project but you need to lower you voice, sweetie." She smiles sweetly, Poppy apologised. This is why she's every students favourite teacher. So nice and sweet, not like other teachers who shouts at them for making tiny bit of mistakes.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"We could have a double date with you and Milton!! You know, to do the project." Poppy suggested while walking down the hall along with Branch and Smidge as they walked to their next class. "Isn't that like... what couples do?" Branch asked as people walked past him, pushing him to the side.

"Uh yeah! Couples of friends!!" Branch face plamed. "That's not what I meant." Smidge's face suddenly turned red as her mind wanders else where. "Smidge? Smidge? SMIDGE!" Poppy shouted as Smidge woke up from her dreamland. "What do you think about the idea?" The tough girl where clueless. She were playing with tie that was hang losely from her neck.

"Wha? What? What are we talking about again?" She asked. "About me, Branch, you and Milton having a double date. Working on the english project." Her face suddenly flushes. "M-Milton?" She stutters while Poppy and Branch looked at her weirdly. "Uh yeah...? Are you okay?" Before Smidge could answer, she noticed that they're already at the lesson they need to be.

"Oh look! We're already here!" She rushed to her seats. "Something's going on with her..." Branch rubbed his chin in wonders.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

A/N: This is only part one. Don't worry, there's more, I just don't want this chapter to be longer. This was inspired by my real life, kind of, just no dates or love and stuff like that because my life is really boring 😂 I actually love learning about 'Romeo and Juliet', I think it's a brilliant play and I thought it would be nice to include it in here. I don't really know how I would make this one shot works but I will try.

I don't want to revise for GCSE 😔 but I have to.