Chapter Two

"ARE YOU by any chance intoxicated?" Nathaniel quacks his brow up at her sudden suggestion

Samantha had fully expected an argument. Nathaniel was proud. Begin forced to accept her help, or anyone's for that matter went against his independent nature and value... That he'd been forced to relay on her and his parents in the past few months was difficult enough.

"I've given the matter a good deal of thought," Samantha responded being ignorant of the question a while ago.

A sigh escapes Nathaniel's lips in total frustration. "I appreciate the offer, but I can't accept or agree with your suggestion." He said flashing a brief sad smile.

"The children aren't adjusting well and you know it." Samantha openly implied, already frustrated with his bickering.

"How so?"

"Kenneth, for example, can't sleep unless he has a scoop of ice cream, or Olivia for example, she has passed the age of waking up at the middle of the night for a late meal, I could only guess you're still feeding her late at night." She counted pointing out his fault.

Olivia fussed on Nathaniel's shoulder trying to find a perfect position to place her head. Samantha stretched her hands taking the baby from the disorganized man.

Gently she pats on her little shoulders till she felt the baby relax with a sigh leaving her little lips.

"Are you by any chance insinuating I don't know how to raise my kids?" Nathaniel's said angrily narrowing his eyes as he bites on his lower lip.

"You've got it all wrong Nate. I was only saying you need to start changing their past schedule to a new present one."

Nathaniel shut his eyes pinching the bridge of his nose, the vivid view of frustration present on his face. Samantha knew all the stress he was undergoing through, all he just need is a helping hand-now if only he would comply.

"Nathaniel let me help. I know how stressful all this is for you. You haven't had time to go out with friends or even the worst-work. Your leave is about to end what then would you do?" She sat down on the high stool right in the center of the kitchen around the aluminum island while gently cradling little Olivia.