Babysitting the Unresponsive

When Dipper returned to his truck after the man had lost consciousness again, nobody asked any questions as he loaded the body into the trunk. He could only pray that the man wouldn't wake up while they were driving and fall out. When he got back into the driver's seat, the other occupants didn't say anything as he started the car.

"Can I be the first to ask," started Wendy as they made their way back to the main road. "Who was that?"

Dipper didn't answer. If he was honest, his brain was scattered from the stranger. For starters, that stranger called himself Bill. It couldn't have been Bill Cipher because that demon was dead, but then that brought up the idea that all demons were once human. The other thing about the stranger that bothered Dipper was how he thought that he was attractive. Dipper could've sworn that if the man had up and kissed him, he wouldn't have been opposed.

Mabel and Stan talked about some odd thing while Wendy pressed Dipper for answers, but he wasn't giving. His goal at the moment was to get the stranger back to the shack before he woke up.

"If you won't tell me who he is," Wendy reasoned, "then tell me why we're taking him back to the shack? Some children live there. Poppy and my... brother."

"I promise, Wendy," Dipper finally said. "That when we get to the shack, I'll explain everything. He doesn't remember anything, but if he tries anything, we'll kick him to the curb." Wendy nodded, agreeing. She had enough heart to offer the stranger a place until he was back on his feet.

When they pulled in at the shack, they noticed that the others were there already and that tourist groups were coming through. Dipper, knowing that pulling an unconscious body out of his trunk in front of about twenty-five tourists was a terrible idea, decided to pull in behind the shack. Once parked, the quartet of people filed out of the car, crowding at the bed of the truck.

Mabel was the first to go toward the door. "What are you weirdos waiting for?" she asked as she used the side latch to open the trunk door to the side. The man was still there, laying in the same position that Dipper had dropped him in. Mabel stepped back, her eyes wide.

"Woah!" she exclaimed. Her face melted from surprise to excitement. "Is that a human version of Bill?" She looked to her brother, who was mesmerized by the man.

Dipper shook himself out of his trance as he looked back at his sister, a light dusting of pink falling across his cheeks. "I don't know," he responded. "I'll explain what I know tonight after the shack is closed up. Or he might wake up by then, we'll find out." He looked at Stan. "Can you get Ford to help me get him inside?"

Stan nodded before entering the shack. He wasn't objecting for some reason, but Dipper decided to ignore it.

"Where are you going to put him?" Wendy asked. "We're already strained with the number of people staying at the shack."

"He can stay with us in the attic," Mabel offered. Wendy opened her mouth to protest, but Dipper spoke before she could.

"That way, if he wakes up in the middle of the night to kill us all, there's a chance that he could wake one of us up," Dipper explained. "He'll stay on my side. I'll sleep on the floor until we can get him figured out."

Wendy shook her head. "I don't know, guys. Letting some random guy we found in the woods sleep in a room with two teenagers just doesn't seem like a good idea."

"You underestimate our abilities to protect ourselves," Mabel said. She pulled out a ring of keychains and isolated the black, rectangular one. She held it up so Wendy could see the object before taking a cap off of it and pressing a button. Electricity sizzled from the top of the taser as Wendy jumped back.