chaper 22

I looked around the room, didn't recognize anything. Didn't see anybody. I couldn't get up. My arms were tied around a pole and my feet were tied up together. Luckily they hadn't taped something on my mouth, I tried screaming. It was no use, nobody could hear me. There were many thoughts going on in my mind, like "Where was Jacob and Nathan? What had they done to them? Why would they do this to me?" I tried to untie my arms, but it was useless, I was never really the girl that was good at untying things. It looked like I was in a basement, it was so dark. I couldn't see a thing. I started to hear footsteps, getting a bit scared. The noise had stopped but the lights had turned on, blinding me. At first I saw a blur of a person, but then it cleared up. It was Ryan, he looked at me with a face that couldn't be well described. I decided to dive at him, ask him all the questions that have been driving me insane. Scream at him for what he's done. But he was the one that spoke first. "Hey Alexa, glad you're awake. How'd you sleep?" I looked at him with a confused look, was he stupid or something? He literally just asked me how well did I sleep. "WHERE IS JACOB AND NATHAN? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THEM? WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?" I screamed, maybe a little too loud cause my throat started to hurt. I started to tear up a little, while he had a surprised look on his face. He looked at me with the eyes of innocence, "Look, Jacob and Nathan are fine. They're sleeping upstairs. They've been fed and taken care of, they're calm, unlike you. The reason we did this was because I had feelings for you. The reason I left you in 7th grade was because I was scared, I also had many things happening to me at the time." I looked at him, still confused. "Like what?" He looked at me, looking like he had pain everywhere in his body. "My mom had just died that day, the day I started ignoring you. You know I'm not the guy that's quiet all the time. But you were just beautiful, and I thought that I would make a fool out of myself if I tried talking to you. The day I found my mom, dead on the floor, I couldn't help myself but keep quiet. The next day, I found the newspaper on the front porch. On the first page was something I couldn't believe." What was he talking about, the story was starting to clear up, but I was still confused. "And what did it say?" I asked looking at him, still beautiful. He sighed. "It said that Mark Summers killed my mom, on the front page was a picture of my mom, lying on the floor, covered in blood, there was also a knife, showing that it had his fingerprints." Mark Summers was my dad, why would he kill Ryan's mom? Was there something that happened between them? Would the newspaper really lie? I looked up at Ryan, he was crying. I would walk over to him, but I was tied up. He noticed that I was struggling and came over to me and untied me. I got up and looked at him. I had to look up, since I was so short and he was so tall. I asked "Are you ok?" "Yeah I'm fine, but are you ok? You know this wasn't my idea, I'm sure there was a reason all this happened." I looked down at the floor, not knowing what to say. Ryan looked at me, lifted up my chin and said "Hey everything's going to be alright, there's no need for you to be sad." "YES THERE IS, Ryan my dad killed your mom for gods sake. Can't you understand that I HAVE to feel sad, I HAVE to feel anger? I destroyed you, I made you have all these feelings. Don't you understand?" He let go of my shoulders, walking away from me. "Yes I understand, but it wasn't your fault. At least I don't think it was. Just come upstairs and eat breakfast, Jacob's waiting for you."