Throughout the rest of the day, they comforted their son and showered him in love, saying that no matter what, he was their son and they loved him, and that he can still become a hero. He slept with them that night, peaceful smiled on all their faces as they slept. The next morning came by, and nervousness gripped Izuku's bones like ice. He held onto his mothers hand as they walked to the school, fearing what could happen. His mother kissed him goodbye and waved him off as he entered the school. He walked into the building and found his classes room, sitting down in one of the many seats available that he had claimed. His best friend arrived not long afterwards, rushing over to Izuku as explosions popped from his hands. He halted in front of Izuku's small desk and slammed his small hands down, startling the greenette and snapping him from his tranced like state.

"Hey 'Zuku! What quirk did ya get? Is it something awesome like your dad's fire breath?" He asked, huge smile split across his face. He watched Izuku's face fall, his eyes shifting away to stare at the ground as if it were the most interesting thing he'd seen. The friend got irritated, smile turning to a scowl as he slammed him hands once more, eliciting a harsh flinch from the greenette who started to shake slightly. "What is it?! What is it, what is it, what is it, whAT IS I-" he kept asking, getting progressively louder and louder by the second. Izuku closed his eyes tight as his friend was almost at the point of screaming before he finally yelled out, "fine! I'll tell you!" His friend calmed down at that, crossing his arms over his chest as he stared, watching Izuku fidget underneath his gaze.

"I...I'm Quirkless, Kacchan... I don't have a quirk..." He said quietly, looking down at his small desk his hands fidgeting underneath. It was silent for a few moments, but he didn't dare look up, fearing the worst. He closed his eyes once more, tensing up and clamping his jaw shut tight. 'Why isn't he saying anything. Is he still there? What is going through his head? What is he thinking? What is he going to do?' The greenette just waited for anything to happen. And something did happen. He felt a burning sensation and blistering pain, launching him out of his seat from his head. He fell with a yelp and glanced up with tears in his eyes, looking his friend who looked back with disgust, his quirk sparking from his palms as he glared. "K-Kacchan-"

"Don't talk to me, you useless Deku!" He suddenly yelled, his scowl growing with each word. "How is someone as useless as you suppose to become a hero?! How are you suppose to be like All Might?!" He started screaming, attracting the attention of everyone else in the room as tears fell from Izuku's eyes, sobs stuck in his throat. "You're just a useless, Quirkless Deku! And you won't be anything more than that!" He stomped away, leaving Izuku in tears on the ground as he choked back sobs, staring at the ground as he sat there, limply. He didn't bother looking up, blocking out all the sounds around him as he felt the negativity cloud around him. "You're just a useless, Quirkless Deku!" Those words hurt. But they hurt more coming from his best friend, someone who he considered a brother. "Useless, Quirkless Deku!" It hurt him. He felt his tears roll down and fall to the ground, but didn't bother to wipe them away.

Everyone else throughout the day ignored him, but he could hear the whispers all around him, even from the teachers that usually would look at him in kindness. He knew this would happen. He knew that the others wouldn't accept him. But he still tried and believed that it would turn out differently. But, that was just an illusion, an image that his mind conjured up. He went through the rest of the day like that, the nervousness that gripped his bones in the morning having changed into sadness and despair. School ended and all the children ran out to their parents. Izuku found his mother and rushed up to her, already feeling tears clouding his vision as he fell into her arms. Inko was undoubtably concerned, but knew the reasoning behind it. She lifted Izuku up into her arms and smiled at him, patting his head as she hugged him close, leaving the school grounds and heading towards her car.