Chapter 7 - Baby Steps

Start from the beginning

"Kid?" I stop in my tracks towards him and raise my eyebrows at him. "Really?"

"What? You're younger than me and therefore you're a kid," he winks and lets BB-8 out of the ship.

"Isn't that a little weird?" He gives me a look that urges me to continue. "Well, you're trying to get a date with me yet you're comparing me to a child,"

His smirk drops and he grimaces slightly. "When you put it like that you really know how to ruin a good moment,"

"It's just my charm," Am I flirting? I can't do that. Yes, yes you can. Let loose, enjoy your life.

"Come on," He looks around for a second before pointing at some holographic targets. "Get back into your ship, i'll stay out here to watch how you're doing - not that I underestimate you are anything," He winks at me, making me shake my head and turn away to hide the growing blush covering my cheeks.

I get myself back into the ship and set up all the attack settings. Taking a deep breath, I look through the aiming screen and focus on the blue targets in the distance. I quickly glance at Poe who gives me a singular nod, taking away all the anxiousness out of my system.

In a moment, I hit the trigger and hit the target directly in the middle. I can hear muffled whoops and cheers from the curly haired man as he fist bumps the sky and excited beeps from his sidekick who is rolling in circles around his owner. I laugh at the sight and open the hatch once again.

"You're a natural, Y/N!" he runs over to me and climbs the ladder to see the inside of my ship. "H-how? How are you so good?"

I shrug and smile at him. "The force wills me to do so, I guess; and it's kind of in my blood,"

"That's so cool," He states with a smile of disbelief. "Can you," he pauses. "Can you show me some forcey stuff?"

I nod and stand up out of the ship to get down the ladder. I feel my foot slip a little but he steadies me by holding onto my waist. And there comes the blushing again.

I get to the concrete floor and nod to him. "Sure, let's go,"

****

We walk through the slightly woody terrain talking about nothing in particular until we get to a clearing covered in dirt and twigs but still covered by the trees enough. "Here?" I ask him, stopping in my tracks.

"Whatever you want," he says, stumbling a little as BB-8 rolls into his legs from the sudden stop. I laugh at the droid, gaining me a look of disapproval from his master.

"Sorry," I chuckle as I sit with my legs crossed on the dusty floor, he follows suit with BB stopping and staying in between the two of us so we are in a triangle. "So, what do you wanna see?"

"Anything, I've never seen the force in action before. Read my mind or something," he asks curiously.

"You sure?" he nods. "Well don't hesitate because if you do, it'll hurt like a bitch,"

"Ok, i'll think of my best pick up line and then we'll see about when you're free for that date,"

"Dream on, Flyboy," I straighten my spine and take a deep breath as I close my eyes. I focus on entering his mind field but I can feel him straining. "Relax, Poe. I couldn't hurt you,"

"Ok," he replies breathlessly. I hear him shuffle slightly behind my closed eyes and he evidently calms down.

I can immediately sense thousands of thoughts in his head but I harden my focus on his 'best pick up line'. The first thing I get transmitted is possibly the worst thing I have ever heard a singular male say - or rather think - to me.

"Don't let Han fly Solo tonight,"

"Poe!" I exclaim, opening my eyes wide and my jaw dropping.

"What?" a cheeky grin grows on his face and he bites his lip slightly, sending my own mind into overload.

"You cannot, under any circumstances, bring my own father into your silly little game! It's just gross!" I laugh loudly and BB-8 beeps in agreement, rolling a little closer to me.

He shrugs nonchalantly and leans back, supporting himself on the muddy ground with his hands. "So, what about that date?"

You really shouldn't. What would Luke say?

He was in love once too. Just say yes, you know you want to.

No.

Yes!

No!

Yes!

Absolutely not! It's against everything you've ever known!

"When are you free?"