28. A Theme of Acceptance, Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

Chris resigned from his hopes with being with Dylan, and slipped into the new relationship with Michael. It had been excessively tedious, watching Chris slowly, and sadly, shrug off his unrequited love for Dylan and attempt to accept Michael as his Soulmate. But it seemed that, even months after starting the new venture, problems continually arose between the two on how the relationship should be handled versus how they wanted to handle it.

The grueling months of the two New Soulmates stumbling allowed Dylan and Bryce to reminisce on the start of their venture, although most of it was unpleasantish.

"He plays the television too loudly; I-I feel like I can't even think before bed, sometimes," lamented Michael, who joined the former project members in the centre of the day in the third floor Break Room.

"I like watching television before bed," replied Chris, his arms crossed over his chest.

"You know what I like to do before bed? I like to meditate," snapped back Michael.

"Well, you don't have to stay at my flat, then. Take the train home," suggested his Soulmate.

Dylan and Bryce exchanged glances, but shared the same thought – 'Was I this bad?'

"These problems are juvenile," replied Amber matter-of-factly.

"Sometimes, I, I-I honestly think I could slap him," muttered Michael.

Dylan learned forward and spoke sternly. "Amber's right; most of your issues are silly and childish."

Both New Soulmates clenches their jaws simultaneously; as of they both couldn't bear being in the wrong. "But – "

"No," spoke Travis suddenly. Eyes turned slowly to the Soulmate-less man as he continued, "There aren't exceptions. Chris, be respectful of him. Michael, be respectful of him. Honest to God, this is silly. And it shouldn't be coming from me."

The two instinctively put down their heads in defeat.

"Is he honest with you about stuff?" asked Bryce after a pause.

Chris' eyes shot up and stared, like he was ready to begin sobbing. Michael looked and replied, "I don't know. Sometimes, he...his stories conflict with what he's told me already."

"Yeah, start there." Bryce glared unimpressed at Chris, speaking no words. Eyebrows bouncing up onto his forehead, Chris gave in.

"I'm sorry, Bryce," he moaned, leaning forward over the table and keeping his hands in his lap.

"Well, I don't really care," Bryce replied. "Treat Michael like you'd treat...Dylan, if you were in a relationship with him."

"Which I'm not," Chris spitefully put in.

Dylan glared, even more unimpressed with Chris, before suddenly standing from the table. "I'm done."

Chris fumbled to his feet simultaneously. "Dylan, wait. I-I'm sorry...!"

"I don't care," Dylan replied, eyes facing the wall in front of him. "I wasn't kidding when I said you aren't getting my sympathies anymore." Dylan slowly twisted his head and continued; "Look at you, stumbling over yourself like you've just pissed off your mother. Get over it." And the man departed back to his cubicle.

There were moments afterwards where no one spoke. "Is he actually that terrifying when he's mad?" queried Amber quietly.

Bryce nodded his head. "He's a force not to be reckoned with. Though it was partly my fault."